Wow, what a week! Loads of surprises and miracles that have happened--I can't complain at all! Things have been wonderful.
We had to go print off a talk for Zone Leader Council tomorrow, and right when we walked out, we decided to go and to visit a less-active family! We had a lady call just then, she asked, "Can I come to church with my family? I met missionaries two years ago." Well that was way good and made me happy so I asked "Can we come and see you?" and she said yes, so we went to see her at 4:30.
Before we met her, though, we stopped by the less-active home and a man answered the door, he asked us to come in. He was not a member, his parents were the members. He's probably in his late 30's and he was in tears as we shared a lesson with him on love and cleanliness. He just wept and said "I really want that!" He used to spar with some boxers and he is a really good fighter himself. It was wonderful visit--I think he will come a long way if he applies what we shared.
Then we went to the lady who called us--her name is Abita, and he family is from Pakistan. They have 3 young kids (a 12-, 7-, and 3-year-old). The whole family said they want to meet with us again, they even offered to feed us the following Thursday so that is something we are looking forward to! They did not make it to church, but we will get them a lift to church and it will all work out.
After that, we went to a less-active who is coming back this Sunday for the first time in about a year! His name is Pyotir and his girlfriend's name is Ewelina.
We also had a teach with President Hawkins from the Stake Presidency! We shared the Gospel and at the end we asked this woman to be baptized on the 19th! She accepted and we asked her how she felt. She said "I feel so happy and good inside." It was wonderful. She will have to overcome a lot these next few weeks, so we will have to help a lot, but it will be worth it. Five people are preparing for the 19th to be baptized and we have been so blessed.
I am doing my best to stay happy, but man its stressful trying to keep 5 people happy, ready, and progressing with no concerns, when Satan attacks them form all fronts. But the peace always comes because I know how much it will bless each of these peoples' lives and families. I can't wait to see the outcome on the other side!
We also had a teach with President Hawkins from the Stake Presidency! We shared the Gospel and at the end we asked this woman to be baptized on the 19th! She accepted and we asked her how she felt. She said "I feel so happy and good inside." It was wonderful. She will have to overcome a lot these next few weeks, so we will have to help a lot, but it will be worth it. Five people are preparing for the 19th to be baptized and we have been so blessed.
I am doing my best to stay happy, but man its stressful trying to keep 5 people happy, ready, and progressing with no concerns, when Satan attacks them form all fronts. But the peace always comes because I know how much it will bless each of these peoples' lives and families. I can't wait to see the outcome on the other side!
I love you all!
ELDER COON


No comments:
Post a Comment