Monday, February 28, 2011

The Lord Loves All His Children

My first baptism when I arrived here in Reading was a girl whose name is Mah Louise Kanu: she is a lovely girl and a spiritual giant. Soon after Mah was baptized, she started bringing her niece, Martha to church.  After a few weeks, she approached the missionaries and said that Martha wanted to be baptized!  Little did we know, this was the key to a window of opportunity.

As she accepted a date, I went to work finding some more family members (I heard they all lived all over in the Reading area) and we found Abu Koroma!  We had a good caht (he is an uncle), and he gave us a few referrals, one of which was Balay Kanu (who is Mah's other auntie).  We called and found out she lived below us!  Well, Mah lives with her Nan (whose name is also Mah Kanu) and I taught her when I was in Reading ward before I moved to Woodley ward (both meet at the same chapel).  I'm going to attach some photos so you can see the miracle: 2 days before Martha was baptized, her auntie Balay Kanu accepted to be baptized on the 19th of March, on which day we also have Sean Palmer and Elijah Sasidiya-Taylor being baptized!

At the baptism, I had a opportunity to talk to Mah's Nan (Balay's Mum) and she said I'm ready to be baptized--what day can you baptize me? I answered, "The 26th of March--right before I leave for home," and she accepted for the 26th and is so happy!  At Martha's baptism, there were about 30 non-members who are all family, and we set up appointments for the whole week to teach this family!  I am going to see where it goes, but for right now 4 are either baptized or preparing, and about 10 more are attending church and the blessings are raining down upon us.

The Lord prepared young Mah's heart to accept the Gospel and now all the family is reaping the rewards from Heaven!  I know this happens for a reason, and I love it.  All of them asked me to bear testimony, so when I did, I explained that president had me moving areas but he felt I needed to stay for something--I told them it was to see their family accept the Gospel.  I felt strongly about this and I still do!

The Lord loves his children, I have seen so many enter the waters of baptism, and I am so happy!

I LOVE YOU ALL,
Elder Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment