This week has been bittersweet so far. As we prepared for moves, I just had some reflection on all the people whose lives we get to effect, and how it really is not us but the Lord and His Spirit that makes a difference.
A few times, I found myself crying during a teach because I am realizing that I won't have this feeling and this comfort as strong for very much longer! The mission is coming to an end, and I have to move on: it's tough.
This week as I stood in the water and baptized Nicole Palmer, I felt something very strong, and it just reminded me how important this church really is. I think we let days pass and we forget about the importance of the Gospel because we let little things get in the way.
It's hard for me to focused lately. I study harder, I work more effectively, and my habits are changing, yet it feels as though this happiness is being shot down from all sides! The pain that comes form leaving home is bittersweet . . . but the pain upon receiving a phone call to tell you that you're going home in a month is sad! It hurts. It feels as though you're losing the Saviour holding you up! I am SCARED to come home, to be honest with you all, because I love this great work so much! Just writing this makes me feel a tinge of pain in my heart.
I know I will adjust, but I want to be someone new and someone who changed his life, just as Nicole and Andrea Palmer let the Gospel change their lives. When we first met them, Nicole was shy and did not speak much. Andrea could talk your ears off, yet she has completely changed to someone who recognizes the promptings of the Spirit immediately. Nicole loves the church and the Young Women program . . . I see her cry sometimes when she feels the Spirit.
Because of the Gospel, lives are changed and people are made happy! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO LIVE CLOSER TO OUR SAVIOUR? It's sad to hear of some who can't be baptized, or those who struggle to go to church, or those who say they are too busy! The Lord is not too busy for us, and He is always there for you and I! Please do all you can to feel His love. The Lord's power can change our natures, our attitudes, and our behaviors, I know it. I am grateful that I get to serve Him
I love this church, I love all of you, and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.
Love, Elder Coon
PS- On Sunday, after they were confirmed, their dad and husband, Sean Palmer, accepted to be baptized along with an eight-year-old named Eli that I get to baptize! I love this work! Again, it is bittersweet, and it's up to us to choose what we will partake of!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment