Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to Me!

Well, I know Valentine's Day is supposed to be grand and all about the love: lovers buying sweets and chocolates, people preparing dinners and elaborate meals, giving gifts to loved ones.  It's sad it only comes once in a year.

I want to explain a little of what happened this last week: I could feel Satan actually closing in on me from all angles: from home, to friends, to investigators, to my own health at risk.

We had a good week with loads of teaches (to be precise, we taught over 26 lessons with investigators and less-actives, so it was quite good!) We lost a few really good people, but the blessings came as the week ended well for others.

We had Zone Conference, in which I learned many important things.  I felt the Spirit helping me want to become a better and more effective person. My companion and I wanted to make some changes together, and afterward we talked and sang our mission song, "Jerusalem."  That is when disaster struck!  There was more at the beginning of the week: like people getting mad at me for things which I already understood and tried to correct . . . but after this meeting, my stomach started to hurt.  I mean, it hurt, like someone was stabbing me over and over in the stomach! We had teaches, so I decided to go to each one.  I turned up about 15 wrong roads and I felt lightheaded.  I could not think straight, and I was white and pale--I  was burning with a fever, but that did not explain my stomach pain at all.

When we were done, I had a blessing which promised I would heal, and the sickness would be healed.  That night, I did not sleep at all.  The pain was unbearable--I woke at about 4:30 with a splitting headache and went out on the couch had a drink.  Then I went back to the room where the battle of tossing to and fro continued.  When the alarm went off at 6:30, the headache and dizziness and fever had broken, but the pain in the stomach was still there!

We had to go to church, because four investigators were coming, and I could not miss out on that!  So I took the bite the bullet approach.  The whole day was pain on the right side of my stomach--I was afraid it was my appendix or something.

That night, as I prayed, I asked the Lord for help.  I said, "I was told I could be healed, and I believed 100%." I decided that if I did not feel better by the next morning, I would go to the doctor.  But I awoke the next morning and the pain was gone completely! I thanked the Lord as I stood on our balcony. The sun came up and it was one of those moments when you realize how great the priesthood is, how great this Gospel is, and how much Jesus Christ really does care about our well being.

I love you all, and I hope you have a very happy Valentine's Day!

LOVE,
Elder Coon

Sweet Ride

Finally!  Mexican food!  There is no Mexican food over here, so we were really excited to find this place called "The Mission" that serves burritos!


Me and Garder at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment