
I love the feeling that Christmas brings, the only bad thing is that loads of people are super busy shopping and celebrating the holidays, so they have no time to talk with us.
This week I felt like I needed strength and so I fasted for help. I was feeling tired and I wanted to give up, but something in me just said "let it go." So, I fasted and prayed and asked for strength and the Spirit to be with me and my companion. Last night, we prayed about an area to knock doors. We decided to go work in Sheen Close, and we met so many wonderful people who invited us back--we have five appointments on Tuesday! One appointment is with a guy who wonders if there is a God, and another is with a man who went through a divorce, another is a family with four kids and a newborn baby, and also a Filipino family who were very nice!
I love the gifts the Spirit brings into our lives. I know that if we fast and pray, (that dynamic duo!) it can make all the difference in the world. I know it can, because I have seen (and best of all, felt) the power of its cleansing and healing effects it has had on my heart.
Enjoy the warmth of friends and family that gather together. Remember, even in a day things can change, so make the most of the time you get to spend with your family and friends. During this season, I hope we can all put aside selfishness and pride and envy. If you read the story of the birth of Christ with your families, I know the Spirit can touch you powerfully. I hope we can all strive to be examples to the non-believers. I love you all so much and I love this work. I will do my best this Christmas (even though it gets dark at 3:00 in England and it feels so dreary). I still have that burning desire to go out and serve the Lord, for I know He will bless us all for obedience.
I love you all so much! Pray and read and study and enjoy it all! Take in the Spirit of Christmas and record it in your journal or diary or somewhere where you can look back and remember your thoughts and feelings.
I love this Gospel so much. I know this is short, but I want you all to know I truly have a testimony and I love you all so much! I sent a package home TODAY and you should be getting it soon.
Love you all! Buh-bye!
eLdEr CoOn
eLdEr CoOn



No comments:
Post a Comment