Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Miracles

Well, it's been hard of course, being thousands and thousands of miles away from the family during Christmas, but the great thing is I'm happy! I had a rough week, but jumped off my high horse and let the Lord put his hand in. I heard a saying about prayer and I have applied it to myself:


So true! Prayer should be special and will help us if we do it with the right attitude. The worst thing we can do is nothing.

Well, let me tell you, we had an amazing Zone Council meeting. It was a Companionship Interview with the President and some training attached. Every question I have been wondering about and asking in my prayers was answered there. I have been given more strength and a happiness within myself. How did it happen? We were given a paper called "The Fourth Missionary." (Dad, you should look it up and apply it to your missionary work efforts there--I testify that it will help all the missionaries there). This is a story of four different missionaries: Number 1 gets sent home. Number 2 makes it through his whole mission, but does what he wants. The third missionary works hard every day, but just goes with the flow and withholds his heart. But the fourth missionary gives his heart to the Lord, he bears trials and tribulations with a smile on his face, he reaches and stretches, he allows the Lord to make and mold him into something great. He aligns his will and mind with the Lord, similar to how Christ always says "the Father and I are one" . . . because they would act the exact same, and do the exact same things!

Our Savior has said something very important: "I do nothing but that which I have seen the father do,u" (John 5:19, 30). Everything our Saviour did was exactly what He saw His father do. If we receive callings and apply this humble attitude, we will benefit immensely. The Lord can truly expand our minds, goals, views, and everything else until He makes us into that amazing person--not only who we want to become, but who He knows we are! This study has expanded my mind, and the outlook I have on my mission. You can't always be the fourth missionary, but you can see days and even weeks where you become the fourth.

I have seen blessings and some sweet amazing miracles. This week for Christmas we got a lot of toys together and wrapped them up and decided to take them to the poor part of town on Christmas and hand out toys to the less-fortunate kids and bring the light of Christ into their lives. We are excited, and I think this will help many people in our area to see the good works we are trying to do.

Our small branch is overshadowed by a massive cathedral (with the biggest spire in all of the United Kingdom), so ours it not as noticeable a church, but the great thing is that the testimonies that we share are what truly helps others see and feel the truth!

I also had another miracle: a lady that me and Elder Cook (my last companion) taught in Brixton called me and said, "Guess what, Elder Coon? I was just baptized and I'm so grateful for all that you taught me. It has changed my life, and I'm so happy!" I had been having the worst night, but when she shared those words with me, instantly tears came to my eyes and I could feel the Saviour's love strengthening me in time of need!

Nothing happens by chance--all of it happens for a reason. I know this to be true. I love this time of year, and I love the Gospel, and I love all of you! Thank you for your support!

Love,
ELDER COON

This is a less-active member who we love visiting! Her husband is so funny and they are great people--their dog's name is Cooper.

An investigator gave us these old books--they are signed in French by the author (Tissot) and the books are written in Latin and English and have original hand-drawn pictures. So cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment