THANK YOU! I have received a package from home and have not opened it yet . . . I am waiting till Christmas (even though every time I see it, I want to open it--haha). I am waiting like a good boy!
I know that a lot of people may be struggling right now with this Christmas season and I'm so sorry for that hardship. But remember the greatest gift of all (as my dad says, it is priceless), and that's knowing our Father in Heaven and our Saviour, who willingly gave His life for us all. Focus on this thought: Jesus Christ gave His life for all of us--even those who would (and did) reject Him, spit on Him, beat Him, and mock Him--He still willingly gave His life for us. He has asked us to take a simple day out of our week to remember Him, and this is the Sabbath. If we hold fast to His teachings, and set our Sabbath days apart, we will be blessed, I know it. Our families will be strengthened as we focus on Him.
Here are some ideas for Christmas. Our Area President (Elder Kopischke) has invited us to go out and serve once a week before Christmas. We are going to a place called Alabore to do some service on Christmas, and I know we will be blessed as we serve the homeless and do all we can to help. I am so happy for the knowledge and the power that the Saviour has blessed me with as I strive to do all I can to be worthy.
Many gifts are worthless if there is no meaning behind them--worldly things are great, but I promise they cannot last, and can't bring the joy that the Gospel brings, or the happiness that knowing our Saviour lives can bring! Remember that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." This is so true!
I know that we can all be blessed this holiday if we focus on the Saviour and the tools He has given us. If you do not have a Preach My Gospel, get one! Look at the Christlike attributes and try to develop them. This season is a great time to try to be more like our Saviour.
I love Christmas--I hope this Christmas will be a memorable one for all! Spend time with your kids--show them the happiness they can bring by helping others. Look at your children, and see the glow and the joy they have without worldly things. Our Saviour said that if we can't become like little children (meek, submissive, humble, patient, full of love), we will not inherit the kingdom of God.
IDEAS: I remember when I was little, my family got to help another family. Me and my brother were kind of sad to part with the toys we had, but we got some boxes filled up Legos and toys that we had and gave them to others. Our family filled up a huge bag and dropped it on a door, knocked, and ran . . . it was so great to know we helped someone in need!
Another time, our family went to a retirement home for FHE and sang songs. When we sang "You are my Sunshine," I remember one lady in particular who started to cry and said that was her and her husband's song that they had always sung together, and she loved to hear it.
I also remember visiting some older couples in the ward, and shoveling the snow off their roofs and driveways. At the time, I was mad I had to do it, but now I look back and I feel so sorry I did not enjoy giving service more!
Planting trees at the cabin seemed so hard and so boring, and now I see the hard work my dad taught me as each bucket I carried went up the mountain full and came down empty. Which one do I want to be? The bucket that was heavy, but nourished something . . . or the empty bucket that literally could roll down the hill and seemed to make everything so easy? We need these trials and tribulations so God can bless our lives later. He knows, and sees not as man sees. Be like a buffalo--when they are caught in a blizzard, they do not turn away--they face the blizzard head on!
I love you all! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
LOVE,
ELDER COON
PS- Pictures!
I know that a lot of people may be struggling right now with this Christmas season and I'm so sorry for that hardship. But remember the greatest gift of all (as my dad says, it is priceless), and that's knowing our Father in Heaven and our Saviour, who willingly gave His life for us all. Focus on this thought: Jesus Christ gave His life for all of us--even those who would (and did) reject Him, spit on Him, beat Him, and mock Him--He still willingly gave His life for us. He has asked us to take a simple day out of our week to remember Him, and this is the Sabbath. If we hold fast to His teachings, and set our Sabbath days apart, we will be blessed, I know it. Our families will be strengthened as we focus on Him.
Here are some ideas for Christmas. Our Area President (Elder Kopischke) has invited us to go out and serve once a week before Christmas. We are going to a place called Alabore to do some service on Christmas, and I know we will be blessed as we serve the homeless and do all we can to help. I am so happy for the knowledge and the power that the Saviour has blessed me with as I strive to do all I can to be worthy.
Many gifts are worthless if there is no meaning behind them--worldly things are great, but I promise they cannot last, and can't bring the joy that the Gospel brings, or the happiness that knowing our Saviour lives can bring! Remember that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." This is so true!
I know that we can all be blessed this holiday if we focus on the Saviour and the tools He has given us. If you do not have a Preach My Gospel, get one! Look at the Christlike attributes and try to develop them. This season is a great time to try to be more like our Saviour.
I love Christmas--I hope this Christmas will be a memorable one for all! Spend time with your kids--show them the happiness they can bring by helping others. Look at your children, and see the glow and the joy they have without worldly things. Our Saviour said that if we can't become like little children (meek, submissive, humble, patient, full of love), we will not inherit the kingdom of God.
IDEAS: I remember when I was little, my family got to help another family. Me and my brother were kind of sad to part with the toys we had, but we got some boxes filled up Legos and toys that we had and gave them to others. Our family filled up a huge bag and dropped it on a door, knocked, and ran . . . it was so great to know we helped someone in need!
Another time, our family went to a retirement home for FHE and sang songs. When we sang "You are my Sunshine," I remember one lady in particular who started to cry and said that was her and her husband's song that they had always sung together, and she loved to hear it.
I also remember visiting some older couples in the ward, and shoveling the snow off their roofs and driveways. At the time, I was mad I had to do it, but now I look back and I feel so sorry I did not enjoy giving service more!
Planting trees at the cabin seemed so hard and so boring, and now I see the hard work my dad taught me as each bucket I carried went up the mountain full and came down empty. Which one do I want to be? The bucket that was heavy, but nourished something . . . or the empty bucket that literally could roll down the hill and seemed to make everything so easy? We need these trials and tribulations so God can bless our lives later. He knows, and sees not as man sees. Be like a buffalo--when they are caught in a blizzard, they do not turn away--they face the blizzard head on!
I love you all! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
LOVE,
ELDER COON
PS- Pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment