So, we woke up at four thirty (which was way early), and rode a bus to the London temple. We got to take a session through the temple--it was amazing! Also, we got to meet a lot of cool people. President and Sister Swinton are amazing and I look forward to knowing them for as long as I will!!!!!
I want to thank all those who have been writing me--awesome job! Hahaha, all the rest of my family need to, too!!
Well, I learned about a lot of other things--they drive left side of road. We all need to get licenses here, so I need to get on that. There are a lot of the areas and districts!!! Now, the important thing . . . where I am serving!!!! I am in Brickston, London, so it is a very busy town and there are a lot of people here. This is in the London Town, our flat is way nice and we have a very big kitchen and a lot of amazing things (also my own fridge and a cupboard it will be a good living place already). I arrived and got a phone call--we received a referral for an appointment on Saturday, we also have an appointment tonight and lunch with a member today, so wow it's been crazy, but I am so excited--really, I am and it will be a neat experience!!
I love you all and I hope all of you are doing good. You can now send my mail to that place I gave you in my last e-mail and they will send it from there to my flat (so the London Temple address yeah!!!). I'm having a great time--my new trainer's (or companion) name is elder Hanks. He is awesome, and it will be a great experience to get to know him more. We both get along great and have no problems with each other--he is funny and we will get along great!!!
I have no doubt in my mind I was called here. There are lots of Jamaican blacks and lots of Chinese and lots of Muslims--the whole world is in this one city of Brickston. Everyone said I have an amazing city.
My best friend Elder De Almeida is in my zone and on P-days we meet up with them and play football (which is soccer in America, here it's called football. I sent a lot of things that mean different things so you will all see it when Becca puts it on the blog!!) So, yeah, I sent letters out so you will get them soon. Keep sending them, kay?
I love you all and hope the best for all of you. Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same!!! You guys do what I said: Dad and Everett, visit grampa twice a month, kay? Seriously.
I want to tell you how much my testimony has grown!!! I know this work is true and the gospel is true!!! I am so grateful to serve the Lord and I owe him so much!!! I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and for the restoration--I know he saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I know this church is the true church!!! I'm so grateful for the atonement and what it has meant in my life and done for me!!! I would not be here if i did not have that great atonement in my life. I love this work already and I have been out already a month and it has flown by! Really, it has (well almost a month, but still these days will go fast).
I'm so grateful for you, my family, and for all the great examples you have been. Keep studying and praying--really, it has changed my life. I feel the love of my Saviour and the protection I have from the angels around me. I love you, and love the Lord. Thank you all. In the name of Jesus Christ My Lord and My Redeemer, AMEN!!!
P.S. Sisters, I want you all to know I love all of you. Continue to study and pray as well and stay strong--the Lord has important things for you and your families, and I know this is true for real!! Do the best you can--show the Saviour you love him by exercising faith and working to become like Him. Develop those Christ-like attributes so you may have joy in your life. Your homes will be filled with the spirit of the Lord, and I know these things are true. I'm so glad you all support my calling. I literally have the whole world in my mission--anywhere I go there are thousands from everywhere it really is international!!! Keep writing!!
Elder Hanks says "hi" and he is excited to have me with him. I can tell he is a hard worker and loves the work. He really has already meant a lot to me by how he treats and talks to me!!! Tell the little ones hi!! Mom, give Lukas a big hug and kiss for me, and Dad hug and kiss the rest that come over while Mom is gone--tell them all I love them!!!
I'll get pics on Monday (that is my regular P-day--today we had one because it was transfers). I love you all, and can't wait to HEAR FROM YOU!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Eli--your letters are so encouraging. I am so happy that YOU are so happy. And I love the British spelling of "Saviour"!
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteElder Coon! I have been trying to figure out how to get a hold of you forever! I was so worried but I guess there is no need to be it sounds like your misssion is going amazing. I cried as I read your blogg the spirit is so strong in your words Elder! You are doing amazing things! I am not sure if this is the exact way to get a hold of you but now that steph pointed out where your address is I am going to try a few differnt methods. I have written a few letters to you but I havn't known how to send them so my first letter might be more than oone;) Oh my gosh it is such a releif to know what your doing! I love the spirit that you have and it drives me to want to be better! I am so glad you have so many people around you watching over you like the drunk on the corner. I am still not sure how to use this blogg thing so forgive me as I figure it out. I am also still trying to find your E mail. Elder! I am just so excited to finally be writing you I could burst! Your already in the field and finding the lords lost children! I cant wait to hear from you! And dont feel like you have to specifically have to write back to me but I am going to give you both of my emails just in case. I know your busy so this is just for reference. my more reliable one is bur08015@byui.edu the other is chrissyburchy@hotmail.com . Any ways I love you and I am so proud of you Elder! I will mail you my letters!