Hello!
So, a little about the schedule: well, we get up at six and run (me and my companion, Elder Davies). We work hard and study hard till ten in personal and companion study, then we have class till noon and have lunch! Then we have class till 5, dinner, and then do service. Then class till nine, and then we pray and set plans that night--then same thing the next day.
We had a very special experience on Friday. We got to go out and teach people on the street and we taught a black man named Lavine, and we talked to him on the train. He was amazing and had so many questions--we answered all that we could the best we could. We taught the first discussion and also a lot about the Book of Mormon. We gave him a page to read, but he said he wanted to read the whole book! We told him to read and pray to know if this is true. He promised, and thanked us so much for what we had done. I was so glad for this and we know he will join the church . . . the Spirit showed unto him that we were true elders and we had something with us. He was so happy. We never saw him again, he lives in Preston and is going to school, but I am sure we will somehow cross paths again--I feel it!!!
Also, we had the chance to have M. Russell Ballard and President Claudio R. M. Costa from the Seventy come to the MTC and teach us. I can't even explain the power these men have. There are 31 of us here and we all met in a room--we had a picture taken with him (so that will get sent out) but, man, the power they had was unreal. I, too, am called just as an apostle--we hold the next high power to teach, and the authority to teach. Really, it was neat to meet him and to see all he has done for us!!!
I love the Lord and I love all of you. I hope all is going well and I love the MTC (any questions, just ask). And, Dad, I personally know this book Preach My Gospel is true. I have studied it every day, all day, and I'm learning so much about the scriptures, and I have that desire to keep reading more and more and to internalize all these into my life.
I love you!! Oh yeah, and post takes about 4-12 days to get to me, but if you want to send packages cheaper get on tesco.com and send me packages (it's like Amazon for here and the package gets sent from here so I get it fast and it is cheap for you).
And my new address is:
Elder Coon
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
Keep me updated on family and all, and tell me how everyone is progressing at home, kay?
I love you all and can't wait to see ya in two years and the change in you as well as me. I know this church is true and I love you all. I know that God loves all of us and through Christ's atonement we can all return to live with our Father and be like him!!! I'm so grateful for all the influences you have had on me and I want to thank you all for that. You're amazing! Stay strong!!! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
P.S. Tell Everett to e-mail me. I expect a letter or an e-mail every week from him (I love you, bro, you mean the world to me!!!)
P.P.S. Oh, and the food: not so bad . . . some things taste real bad. Thanks to Dad for always putting keffir in everything . . . it tastes just like that so I'm used to it! (Hahaha, love you.)
P.P.P.S. Letters mean a lot--keep sending them, please. I love all of you and thanks for the pics you sent.



Well now that I have your address I can finally write you! I hope all is well. Ha I tried to call you the other day out of habit, that didn't work out to well. I will mail a letter this week I promise!
ReplyDeletei am loving the testimony you share, and the spirit that is felt in your words! you are amazing! love you man!
ReplyDeletep.s. what is your e-mail?
I'm gotng to love reading about your adventures. your testimony and all you do.
ReplyDeleteDare to be a Mormon.
Dars to stand a lone,
Dare to have a purpose----
Dare to make a stand.
love and GOD bless Aunt Sharon
Eli it sounds like you are doing so well, I love hearing your testimony. I know you are going to accomplish great things. the boys say hi I love you and have you in my prayers always. love ya bro, Sharla
ReplyDelete