Hello!
So, things that are new: I will send pics, I do not have my hook up with me so you will have to wait patiently for 1 week to get those. But now, let's see, I'm in Brickston and my NEW ADDRESS is this:
Flat C, 233 Streatham High RD
Streatham, London
SW16 6EN
ENGLAND
So this is where the mail needs to be sent. I will tell you my new address after each new move, so make sure you send letters here, otherwise I only get my letters during zone conference and district meetings at the temple . . . so not very often. Remember tesco.com, hahaha.
So, awesome experiences I have had: so, I get on this bus to Brickston to start contacting, and I sit next to this huge, built, intimidating Caribbean guy. I thought, "Okay, here goes." I said hello and asked how he was doing. He answered and said "Very well." So I told him why I was here and what we are doing told him about God! He believed, then talked about prayer! He is Christian, so then I recited The First Vision and the Spirit was with me--both of us felt it, and after I was done, he said "Wow, I knew you had something important to share with me--when you got on the bus I saw a man following you and you had an amazing glow around you." !!! Then he continued to say we did not meet by chance and that he wants to hear more. He was so open with me--it was really amazing, and it helped me out so much to have this experience!!!
Now I got the good out of the way . . . on to the bad! We were in Brickston Street contacting, and this man called us over. He started to bash on us and how we knew nothing about the Lord and Jesus Christ and how we were doing wrong by dressing the same cause it makes us the same, and not independent. He bashed for like thirty minutes, and we said nothing but smiled. Then he pushed us and kept getting mad, and I said, "If you touch me again, something bad will happen" and he did not touch me or Elder Hanks! He turned and walked away and we went down and got on a train in the tube. I do not know what happened, but the Lord is with me always when I'm obedient, so I am not afraid to walk these streets. I feel safer than I ever have in my life, because I know the Lord's angels watch over us!
Across the street from our flat there is a drunk who will always go out of his way to say 'hi' to us and help us with whatever we need help for and what we need to do! He watches over us and keeps in contact with us, and tells us of the things we need to do, so I feel like he is there for a reason--whenever we need him, we can go to him and he helps! He is different, but the same in the Lord's eyes, so we like him a lot! Then there is a kid in Brickston who holds a subway sign all day and gets paid. He is our best friend--he is not a member, but he puts our pass-along cards on his sign for us! He is a cool kid and we hope one day he will let us talk to him and be baptized!
One more, my favorite--there is this old man who always dresses up in an outfit. He is known as the "Jesus Character." He loves us and he says he always tries to help us find people--he loves the Lord and he just is lost, but he is so cool and very nice to us. He always wants to be like Jesus. There are concerts in the streets, and bands that play on Saturdays in town in the street and he is always there contacting people just like we are! He is awesome--not a member, but very nice. We build relationships with these people so fast, and they are already starting to love me!
About my ward: my ward is pretty big, and has many different people here--all sorts of people! Muslim, Indian, Chinese, African, Americans, English . . . all these in one ward, and they are all converts and amazing people!
I will try to send pics when I can--sorry I do not have any yet. I will get some today and next Monday send them home so you can have a lot, kay? I will make sure and do this for you!
So, another cool story: we met this couple who are going to Kingdom Hall (known as Jehovah's Witnesses). They are not yet Jehovah's Witnesses, but they are getting baptized in their church in 1 month. Coincidence we met them? I think not! They are prepared for what we have to tell them, and I know they hear and feel the Spirit with us! We are going to spend more time with them in the Book of Mormon--they both have a copy and wanted us to come back. They are not yet the Jehovah's Witnesses, so we will let them know that this is true and they will be a strength to our church. The guy has studied many religions and they now are two new investigators, and we will be teaching them quite a lot, and we are grateful we met them!
I love the Lord, and the work is going forward here. I will baptize hundreds and work my hardest. I know I got sent where 3 million people are, and I feel the weight of all of them on my head--no one can pass without me feeling that I was given this area to teach and to share the gospel, and I have that authority and power to do so! I will bring many souls to Christ. I'm so grateful for the Spirit, and for the many truths that have been shown me! I have learned more than I knew was possible about the Gospel. Everyone keep reading your scriptures and pray daily and continually. I know the Lord answers prayers and that He is with all of us. I know this is the true church and that Joseph Smith restored it on this earth and was a prophet called upon by God, and given the authority to do this work! We have that priesthood power and with it we can do many miracles.
I'm so grateful for my family, and for how much they mean to me and that we can be together forever!! I know the temple is a place where you can be together forever--work as hard as you can to achieve this if you have not already, and keep learning and growing! The work will go forward, and I say these things in the name of my dear, kind, gracious Saviour, Jesus Christ, AMEN!
I love you all!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment