
On Monday we had Family Home Evening and I was the object lesson! I had to represent the Saviour and I will never forget this lesson--it strengthened my testimony tenfold.
I had to do push-ups. My companion would hand out skittles representing people who do not follow Christ. So there were thirty people and I had to do twenty push-ups for the first person, then 8 for the next, and it kept getting lower and then higher. Whether the person took a skittle or not didn't matter . . . I still had to do push ups. This was a representation of every person who rejected the Lord. I had to do pushups for every person, whether they accepted the Saviour or not--just like He atoned for our sins whether we accept His atonement or not.
I was dying and falling on my face around the twentieth person, but I said, "I need to finish." So I had to do another 50 for the next five people and my arms were so heavy I could not lift my self. I prayed and prayed and when I was to the last pushup I just started to cry! I realized all we ever endure is what Christ had to feel. The Spirit was strong--everyone still talks about how I did all those push-ups and represented the Saviour. My companion said he felt sick giving me the number of push-ups I had to do, but he had to because I had to suffer so the message of the atonement would get across to our investagators and the members. The next four days I could not tie my tie or button my buttons of my shirt because my arm could not lift up, but we still did all our work and we still had amazing experiences throughout the week!

Also, I committed a man to baptism this Sunday and it was amazing. We met him on Saturday-- he had been going to another church for ten years, and they always wanted him to get baptized but he did not believe them so he never did! So, Sunday we stressed the importance of baptism by the proper authority and power to be baptised. This was an amazing experience and I asked him, "So, Christopher, will you follow Christ and be baptised on the 30th of May? We prayed for you and we feel it would be right." He said he would, so this was amazing!


The Lord has been with me and Elder Hanks and I'm so happy for it. I love this gospel and I know it is true without a doubt in my mind. I know the atonement is real, for I have seen it work in my own life! I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the people of LONDON and I'm so grateful for my family--I love you guys so much. And for all of my friends I have, I love you all. This church is so true! In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.






HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR ELI AND THE OPPORTUNITY HE HAS TO BE ON A MISSION AND PREACH THE GOSPEL. WE TALKED TO ELI ON SUNDAY, MOTHERS DAY, HE WAS DOING WELL, HAPPY, EXCITED, AND LOVING HIS MISSION. ALL IS WELL, ALL IS WELL.
ReplyDeleteGod has blessed you with the spirit of love and kindness, a smile that will serve in touching those around you and drawing them close so they can fell of God love that radiates from you. my prays are with you.
ReplyDeleteLove aunt Sharon