Monday, May 18, 2009

Sixth P-Day Email


This week has had a lot of hardships and has taught me a lot. We have been struggling a little this week to have appointments that stick--they've all been falling through. But I know the Lord will provide a way.

So, last night we all got together (four of the missionaries here in Brickston) and we talked about our goals and how we can achieve these goals. We wrote down five big goals to accomplish, and we will accomplish them. Then we decided to have a wrestling tournament. I will send you the clip of it. Haha, I bit my lip all the way through and it does not really hurt but my lip is pretty fat at the moment!




We have had a lot of fun, too. Me and Elder Hanks stopped and talked to many people and met many people from all around the world. A man that we see every day, who sweeps the grounds in London, finally asked what can we help him with, and he wants to learn about the Gospel! He sees us all the time--we talked for a few minutes, gave him the Book of Mormon, and told him to read. He was so happy and he had a huge smile on his face!

I also met a man three weeks ago who has been in recovery from alchohol and drugs. He has been clean for a year now and he is way cool. I saw him the next week and he said if we meet again he will let us teach him! The next week he got on our bus, saw me, sat down, and said "No way! The Lord told me not to hop on that last bus, so I waited for this one and you're on it!" So we got his number and we are going to go teach him this week, as well as three other guys who are going through the same trials! I was so happy I saw him again and that the Lord will answer our prayers. If we write down our goals and what we are doing that day and keep our schedule, then the Lord will put those people in our path! 100 percent obedience leads us to them and helps us learn and grow. If I had been three minutes late from my plans, I would have never seen him again. I know this is true.

I am so grateful for the Lord and the blessings he has given me since I have been here! I love this work and I am doing my best to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I love my Heavenly Father, and for Him sending His Son to die for us! The ATONEMENT is amazing and I have felt its cleansing power. We all need to have this, and to take it in our lives, be humble, and admit our faults. The Lord loves the humble, and will willingly give comfort if we turn to him with our hearts and acknowledge the wrong.

I love you all, and all the great help you have been to me. Keep praying and keep staying on the path of righteousness! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

PS- The first picture below is FHE at our new bishop's house--he is the bald man on the left with iPod, haha! The second picture is our investigator, Judith (the young one). She is getting baptized on the 6th of June!

1 comment:

  1. Batman;)hey so i am at school right now...looking at your blog...showing you off to my friends! hey i sent 2 letters so far and will keep sending them! so keep having fun, and know i am praying for you! love you "ninga" hahaha jk ninja...
    -chels

    ReplyDelete