Wow, what a week! I have seen how building the kingdom of God can benefit and strengthen the lives of all those we come in contact with! We went out this week with goals and plans that seemed impossible, but we saw miracles begin to sprout before our eyes! We picked up new investigators, and new people to prepare for baptism. We saw and felt the Lord confirm our prayers and our thoughts. By the end of the week, we got to see the blessings come in waves as we sat in sacrament with FIVE investigators at church!
I want to mention one in particular. We were in the middle of a teach, and usually when the cell phone rings, I never answer it--but this time I had a feeling I should. It was Sophia, an investigator who we had been having a hard time setting up a teach with, and she said, "I read your Book of Mormon, and I want to see you both." She asked if she could see us on Wednesday, but we told her we couldn't that day. "Well, can I see you tonight?" We told her we could make it within the hour. We got there and (it was so cool!) sat down, and she basically said "What do I have to do to join this church?" We decided to watch the Joseph Smith film and it was amazing! She told us that she felt so warm and light, and that she wanted to be baptized. The blessings of heaven are truly coming forth!
On Sunday, I felt I should call a lady in my last area, Tina from Thailand. Upon calling, she was almost in tears as she said "Elder Coon, I got baptized on Saturday and today I got confirmed--I can't thank you enough for the feeling and the joy this has brought into my life, THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Wow. I felt so good as I spoke with her, and then afterward I decided to call some less-actives and investigators who have joined in the past! I called Lorraine and she cried and said "It's so good to hear from you, Elder Coon--you have changed our lives and my boys miss you!" I was so happy to hear her say, "I got a calling at church--I am the Relief Society compassionate service leader."
Today (P-Day), I got a call from a 12-year-old who said "Hey, do you guys want to come fishing?" I was like, "Oh YES, I have wanted to my whole mission!" Perfect way to start a new week!
The joy and happiness of being here and seeing the change we are seeing is unreal. I feel so humbled to know the Lord would allow me to feel this way and to have this happiness. I know the Lord loves us all, and He has shown me this daily while Elder Rasmussen and I have worked together!
I love this great work!
Love,
ELDER COON
ELDER COON
Working on "Faith in God" with the primary kids


No comments:
Post a Comment