Well, as you all know I have been moved to Reading! I love it here--it's been so great to meet all the wonderful people. I feel as though I have been tossed back into Brixton; this time with more confidence and trust in the Lord and His promises.
We have been so blessed from the first day we arrived. As soon as we got settled in (no rest for the wicked--haha), I was instantly into work, and working hard. I made loads of plans and goals with my new companion, Elder Rasmussen, and we have been getting to know each other. We prayed together and got to be on the same level of understanding of what we want to accomplish, and now we are striving to accomplish all that we have set goals for.
Well, then we met Mah Kanu and Mah Louise, who are both amazing people from Sierra Leone, and they use Creole expressions such as "Hows the body?" and "What they think they do?" It's a "broken" English, but way cool! They both accepted as well, so that was amazing!
Third, we have Angelina, who we are working on a baptism date of the 30th of next month. She wants to be baptised, but needs to make some dramatic changes in her life. We are praying harder and striving to fill our time to help those people whom we can. I love it and we have been so blessed!
I love this area, and my companion is awesome. There is only one problem--he had surgery and it's hard for him to walk much or to run or exercise. It's been hard for him, but as I pray for him and see the determination he has, it strengthens me. He has been out only 6 weeks and still misses home, but we strengthen each other and he is the best!
If you can't tell, I'm beaming and I'm happy. Things are going great--I only really have five months left to do all I can to help the Lord in this part of the vineyard, and I'm giving it my all! I need your prayers and I am grateful for your support. This work will never be stopped, because we have a perfect Father leading us!
I love you all, and I miss you. Blessings will come to you and I if we make our prayers more meaningful. Pray more fervently--set a goal to pray for new things in your prayers and do it! The blessings will come. A prayer is not a rote presentation; it is a means whereby we can access the powers of heaven and receive the blessings we were preordained to receive!
I love you all,
ELDER COON


No comments:
Post a Comment