Well, let's start off with what an amazing General Conference we had! Isn't Conference the greatest thing in the world? I can't tell you the eternal truths that came to me as I sat there and listened to the prophets and the apostles--WOW! To me, the greatest theme of Conference was how we can develop Christ-like attributes. I have been studying those these last few months, and if any of you can pick up a Preach My Gospel, I challenge you as friends and as families to study these things. I add my personal testimony to the prophets' and apostles' testimonies--if you study how to develop Christ-like attributes, you will receive happiness, joy, and a sure knowledge that your family will be saved, even if some stray. It will happen, I promise. The power of learning about our Saviour personally (and as a family) will bless us!
The Saturday morning session: Elder Bednar and Elder Uchtdorf . . . seriously the greatest two people ever! And how about Tad R. Callister? If you really listen to his talk again you will learn so much about the Church--he just said how it is! I wish I could share all I received and felt during conference, but it's for all of us to receive our own personal revelation to learn and grow!(There is one thing, though. I want us all to get to know our Father in Heaven and our Saviour better before Christmas and really focus on what Christmas is about, okay?)
Well, my arm has had a rapid recovery. I have been blessed with healing power by someone who has the priesthood. I know that our mission president is called of God--I know this without any doubt and I want you all to know I love him, and I love England! I can lift things and grip and flex and already almost do push-ups. My arm has had no pain and I have not had to take any pain killers after my surgery. Thank you all so much for your prayers as well.
One very sad thing has happened (but a great thing all the same)--Elder Fagg left us last night. I am going to miss him so much--really, it's going to be tough! We all enjoyed General Conference yesterday, and then it was time for him to go to the temple and he flew out early this morning to go to Utah and then to Florida after the MTC. He was in tears as we knelt together in prayer. It felt as if it was the night before I left home, and I remembered all the feelings and thoughts that were going through my head. He will be a great missionary because he had the Spirit with him everywhere we went . . . no matter where we were, he had it! I know that our investigator, Alan, was given to us by the Lord though Elder Fagg--I can't deny that and that they had a special bond.
Speaking of which, Alan is getting baptized this week, as well as our Chinese friend, Fiona! We are looking forward to both of these, and a very stressful (and stress-relieving) week. But all in all, I am super excited.
I have a sure testimony of the Gospel, and I know Christ lives. There is not a doubt in my mind. I am so happy to be serving here. I love you all, and want you to know I pray for all of you come unto Christ so that you will be saved.
I love you,
ELDER ELI JACOB COON
PS- Sorry, I'll have to send loads of pictures next time--the computer I am on has no program to get pics from. I'll send some soon as I can.
PPS- Oh, and next week is moves week.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment