Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting the Spiritual Food We Need

Hello, everybody! How are you all doing? I'm doing great and trying to get used to teaching these white rich people. Our town is a tourist town, thanks to Stonehenge and the huge cathedral in town (Salisbury Cathedral) that has the biggest spire in the United Kingdom. So, it is a pretty big town full of loads of tourists. It's been a huge change.

The first day, we picked up 2 new investigators and we have been visiting them. We saw around 7 less-actives and visited them, too. I'm going to really try with the less-actives to re-activate them and find out what has happened and why our branch is so small.

Since I got here, my new companion and I have been visiting loads of less-actives and recent converts to get to know them and to work with them. I think that will be the key to this area--getting referrals of friends and people that members know. I am looking forward to getting a teaching pool started. We are setting some good goals and we know we can achieve them. It's very hard--we do around 4-8 hours of finding a day--I get very tired and very burned out by the end of the day, but I know the Lord will keep me strong!

I am sending a package home--it won't have loads of stuff in it, but it will be a good package for the family. I really pray all is going well for everyone. I am doing pretty well, but keep me in your prayers during this moves if you can, so we can find some new investigators and really do well!

I can tell this area has already humbled me loads, and it's going to be a rough moves, but I will just bear it and try my best. Again, I want you all to know I love you and care for all of you. I'll keep praying for you all and I hope all of your families are doing well!

I know this church is true, and I am so grateful for the blessing I have seen in my life from living the Gospel to the best of my ability. I pray that all of you will continue to read the scriptures daily and to pray every day--it is so vital and so important to our lives! If we get the spiritual food we need, we will be blessed. I testify this to you in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

ELDER COON

PS- Here are some pictures!

My sweet new guitar--President is going to keep it for me till I go home

With Sister Thompson

Fiona took us to a posh Thai restaurant--it was so good!

Fiona at her baptism

Alan at his baptism

I've been out six months!

Me and Elder Cook at Parliament

No comments:

Post a Comment