Hello! How is everyone?
Well, it was moves week and yes, I'm stayin' in BRIXTON! I am very happy--it will probably be my last moves here--the next moves in in two months, so I will have spent 6 months here! We will see what President Shamo has up his sleeve, though--haha!
Loads of things have happened. We were supposed to have a baptism which just got postponed for two weeks because of complications, but it's still going to happen, so that is a very good thing.
We met a 15-year-old kid who was staying with a member, because his mom was in the hospital. It was a very sensitive subject about family when we were teaching him. Well, we continued to talk with him (and we were painting together as well, so we had time to get to know about his life and upbringing). Well, the next day we received a call that his mom had passed away, and he had nowhere to go and nowhere to stay. His Dad was abusive, and his mom was gone, so it was a rough thing. We went to see him and asked to give him a blessing, but he said "No," and was just mad and super sad at the same time. I can imagine he was going through hell. Well, I asked, "Look, can I talk to you for a moment?" So we went in the other room. I told him to tell me what was on his mind, and he did! We talked for a good thirty minutes and the Spirit opened my mouth, and finally he agreed to a blessing. I offered the blessing and the Spirit was so strong. You could tell his mom was with us (or someone)--it felt so amazing! Things were said, and he wants to be taught the Gospel and he said he knows his mom wants him to find the truth, so he is willing to learn! We got a call from the person in the ward he was staying with, and she said he has had a smile on his face ever since we came, and has felt so much happier and more talkative! I know the Lord used us as a very important tool in this young man's life. I just hope it all works out and that he will accept the Gospel, and to live the standards and grow to be a fine missionary himself.
Things are great. Myself and Elder Cook are happy serving together and we love that we get to serve another moves together. I have my surgery soon--I find out tomorrow what day for sure, so that will all be good.
I want you all to know how much I love and care about you all. I hope and pray for all of you and I'm so glad to hear how your families are, and how my family and how my friends are. Keep me updated and let me know what's going on in your lives.
My testimony has grown so much about this life and the reason we are here. I can tell you that we need to make good decisions now and not procrastinate! I know this Gospel is the truth, and that we can all be in our Father's kingdom in heaven. God has made it possible for all of his children to return. Have faith, trust in the Lord, and read the scriptures--it should be the book you pick up the most and have read more than any of your favorite books, more then your TV shows, more then anything you do. Make a reminder to read above your bed or on the bathroom doors! Try your best and I promise the Lord will bless you in abundance. The windows of Heaven are open to those who want to partake. I love you all, and this is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.
The Brixton District





That's some pretty sweet stuff dude, but everytime the word "Brixton" came up it completely through me off. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete