Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy Stories of the Week: Episode 1: Preaching the Gospel to EVERY creature

Here is something new I will do: tell you some of our crazy stories of the week.

So, this week we went to a lady's house to teach her, and she pulled out a scripture (Mark 16:15) and asked a question. She had a bird she named Harry, a pigeon, and she wanted to know how she could teach the bird. We then continued to talk and she says "Can we baptise Harry so he can be with me in Heaven?" Well, that was a funny thing, and I tried so hard to keep a straight face, because she was so serious. Here is a picture of the lady and Harry the pigeon.


Later, me and Elder Fagg and Elder Cook got on the bus, and this man comes and sits by us. He then asks, "Are you American?" He was obviously drunk. We said 'yes,' and then he says, "Well, I have six family members (holding up 4 fingers) and eight of them live in America." I lost it, and was laughing so hard I could not help it. It was Elder Fagg's first day out, and he tried to stay serious, but then the guy asked us, "Do you like war pictures? Because the art gallery is open 5 to 10." He was holding up 2 and 3 on his fingers. Haha, I continued to laugh. When we had to go, Elder Fagg said, "I bet he will wave at us." We looked up on the top of the double-decker bus, and sure enough he is yelling at us, "BYE YOU GUYS!" and everyone on the bus was laughing.

Elder Cook, Elder Fagg, and Elder Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment