So, I am training Elder Fagg, and he is a star! Really, I love this kid. He is amazing and very spiritual and I continue to learn from him. He is the temple president's grandson, and President Shamo said he really wanted him to serve with me, because he heard I can teach and have the Spirit while having fun. I feel so honoured and privileged to do so. So now we are in a sweet TRI: me, Elder Cook, and Elder Fagg. It's been an exciting change, I tell you what!
This week we have had loads of success together. We have picked up three new baptismal dates for the 10th of October, and we had a baptism last Friday! The baptism was our investigator Juanita. She is the one whose husband left her and took the kids, but she has been so strong and is trying her best to follow the Saviour.

I am so grateful to be serving here. I felt the Spirit so strongly as we went down into the water for her baptism. She was in tears, and obviously filled with happiness. She said she felt like she was on fire, but not burning just super warm. I was about to lose it emotionally. For the first time on my mission, I realize the huge (not little, but HUGE) impact that the Spirit has. teaching y the Spirit plays such a key role in all we do. It is not what I do . . . it is what we (me and the Spirit) do together that can cause conversion. I know that if I continue to live righteously that I will have the Spirit with me!


Family, I love you all and I love my mission. Continue to help the missionaries in the wards you are in. You are a vital part of missionary work--you make all the difference to help the work go forth among all the nations to every kindred and tongue! I want to bear my solemn testimony that I know Jesus is the Christ. He is the foundation of the church, with his apostles and his prophets! We have the truth! Why should we back away and not help others know what we know? We need to stay strong as families and as friends, so at that great day when Christ comes again we can proudly stand before our Maker, and say, "We made it!"
I know the Saviour lives. I know the Gospel blesses families and strengthens them. Always be worthy of that Spirit that God has given you! I leave my testimony again that Christ lives and loves each of us! In the name of my Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus the Christ, Amen.
I love you all!
ELDER COON
ELDER COON
Me and my first trainee
Our sweet threesome



No comments:
Post a Comment