
I don't want the subject to make you think I'm having it rough, because I have never been happier! Possibly the most important task known in the mission is leadership through training!There are loads of important things, but President
Shamo feels that training is the most important role in missionary work. We have been studying a concept called "The Fourth Missionary." It expands your understanding and allows you to partake of the Living Waters FREELY. But enough on that, lets go into the title of my post:
At some point, no matter how old or young, male or female, every single one of us has felt the pangs of loneliness! I know I have on multiple occasions, and I feel it more and more as it comes to this season, a season where families and friends gather, loved ones are united and it seems that all the feelings of the past are forgotten for one day. Well, I have been down a few times--not getting to write home as much, not getting to send everything I wanted to my family and friends and loved ones, not really feeling that I can convey messages and allow everyone to know how much I actually care about them.

But then the answer came this morning as I was studying. I was reading through "The Fourth Missionary," it told of the third missionary who will pass all the
requirements and all the tasks and serves faithfully, ending his mission with a bang! He HELPS OTHER to change, but does not change himself! You might ask why does he not change . . . it's because he
withholds his heart! He wants to do what
he wants, and constantly battles within himself! As it says in Corinthians about charity, without it we are nothing. Moroni also speaks very bluntly and to the point on this subject.

I have realized that even though I do not have time for myself right now, the Lord has been spending time on me. It feels like He has ripped out the insides of me and replaced them with new part, and built up a mansion where once stood a little shed. I feel closer to my Saviour than ever before during this Christmas season, and I know why. Even though I am lonely, the Saviour is closest to me in my trials. He goes before my face and he lifts me up and "with His stripes I am healed."

I pray for each of you this Christmas. I truly love you and I truly care! The blessings are flowing. I am happy and tired, but as long as I give my heart, the Lord comes. When He comes, it is with great power and force and not only are others changed, but I myself have felt changes taking place in my soul! I get a chance to go to the temple soon, and I hope you all get the chance to go as well before Christmas and reflect on what great importance it is to give someone else the opportunity of salvation. Missionary work and temple work go hand in hand.
I love you all,
ELDER ELI JACOB COON


Someone I met went to BONNNEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, so I took this picture of Bonnie from their yearbook.
No comments:
Post a Comment