Monday, September 20, 2010

Go On In a Great Cause

Well another week has come and gone and I'm realizing how fast they really do fly by. We have met some wonderful people amongst those we have been able to search out and teach. We had a lovely visit with a lady named Tina from Thailand--she has loads of questions and wants to come to church. We arrived to help her garden, as I told her I did horticulture and knew how to prune trees (thanks, Dad!) We had a wonderful visit, and she even made us tum yum soup--it's the world's best soup in the world! We started from the basics and told of Joseph Smith, and she said if she knew it was true she would be BAPTIZED! So, we are continuing to work with her.


Also this week, we stopped by a former investigator whose name is Ofelia and she is amazing!We knocked on the door, and the mum opened the door, and out runs little boy named Romeo, (they are from Ghana) and the first thing he does is he reach out and give me a big hug around my leg--he does not even reach my knees. He's so cute and he likewise goes to Elder Johnson and does the same thing. I will send pictures of him. We were sharing about baptism because she asked about it, and we are preparing her to be baptized. She wants to see a baptism first, and she works Sundays, but we are excited to help her prepare.


We have been so blessed as we have turned the Lord in prayer and fasting, and in giving thanks for all the Lord has blessed us with! I really am grateful--this week has been nothing but being able to plant seeds in people's hearts, and to see start to grow. The joy is filling them as they feast upon the words of Christ, and as they look to that God who gave them life. Christ was lifted up so he could draw all men unto Him, and I testify clearly that I have seen with my eyes these miracles!

I was reading Doctrine and Covenants 33 (our mission president asked all of us to read it). It speaks of the eleventh hour, which was in Joseph Smith's time. If that was his time, then we are in the eleventh hour and 59th minute! How clearly and powerfully we must testify of Christ. This goes for all--not just us in the field. It speaks of the field already white and ready to harvest, and I know that if we do the will of the Father, He will bless us!

I love you all, and I'm grateful for my mission and our mission on this earth! I'm grateful for what others have taught me and helped me build upon the foundation. I'm grateful for my Father and Mother on this earth, and in the life to come. I am truly grateful for our ability to choose--it has taught me the most bitter pain and the most joyous happiness I could ever experience! I love this great world and times we live in. There are so many opportunities today to share the Gospel--we should go on in a great cause!


Love,
Elder Coon

Helping the Ward Mission Leader Move
At Brighton for our zone P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment