Well, this past week has been packed--I will begin by telling you about the intense training meeting that I attended for all the leaders across the mission! We arrived at the meeting in London, had breakfast, then 3 hours of training, lunch, 3 more hours, dinner, 3 more hours, and then home. We did this for three full days!
The training: we studied about how to receive personal revelation through our efforts and through reading the Book of Mormon. We studied how to help investigators receive personal revelation--so they can know what to do and say. We also studied the Holy Ghost in depth: how the Spirit works and how to receive more guidance from the Spirit. We talked of sacrament attendance and how it assists in the personal revelation. We also talked about section ten in Preach My Gospel "Teaching Skills." President Shamo shared many experiences he had with general authorities and many more insights. It was great! We learned loads, and we really did gain a lot of insight on how revelation is received. I felt the Spirit strongly testify of what we learned.
The first day back, we decided to apply reading the Book of Mormon and allow the Spirit to teach our investigators by the power from the word of God. We sat down with Sara, Hailey, Brenda, Ellis and the daughter, and we chatted for a while. They had read Alma 7 before we came. We had wanted to extend an invitation for baptism, but were unsure how to bring it up . . . well then the Mum (Brenda) says what about baptism? We read 2 Nephi 31--the whole chapter, and the Spirit filled the room! Really, it was as if the veil for a second had been pierced and we were allowed to see through! The Spirit overcame all present, and we asked them if they wanted to be baptised. The 18th of September! ALL accepted and said, "This is what we wanted!"
Wow, it was so amazing. Now we have 4 baptisms in our area, and we are carrying our zone. This area has not had a baptism for around 1 1/2 years and the ward wants to grow! We also found that they have 2 brothers and there wives who live in the area, and they have families as well. They also came to church yesterday and they loved it--I know they felt the Spirit.
When we went over after church to make sure all was okay, we decided to teach the Word of Wisdom. This way we would know if they had concerns from the beginning. Well, we taught them again and the Spirit was definitely present. They smoke, and drink coffee and tea. It was a miracle--God really touched their hearts. They all agreed to stop, and to try their hardest. They want baptism more than anything!
God prepared this family as He has prepared others. He really does love all his children. I see it every time we go--when the light of Christ is present, people receive revelation. It is so great, and I am so happy to be a part of this great work! My eyes have opened more as I read the last verse in 2 Nephi 31 . If we all realize this is the only way--there is no other way or name given whereby men might be saved--we would love sharing the Gospel with others!
My testimony continues to grow. I love you all, and I am so happy I have all your love and support. Please pray for our investigators, and thank the Lord always for all He does for us!
Love,
Elder Coon
PS- Here are some pictures of the kind of cars I'm gonna be driving some day :)
Elder Coon
PS- Here are some pictures of the kind of cars I'm gonna be driving some day :)


No comments:
Post a Comment