Thursday, August 19, 2010

Awesome Week!

Well, what can I say? I was so happy this past week as we met with less-actives of all sorts of backgrounds, religions, and beliefs. There were amazing miracles of the Spirit guiding us. You might say "We were led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things we should do." Then we met with loads of investigators and it was so good! I loved it! We had good smiles and taught people the Doctrine of Christ, the simplicity of the Gospel, and the blessings and eternal truths that lie within The Book of Mormon!

Let me share a quick experience: as we got to Tuesday night, we had no idea what to do, all of our appointments had cancelled! So we prayed about an area, and we went out and did as we were directed. We rode to Banstead (it's about 25 minute ride on bike uphill), but the Lord told us to go there!

We drove up a hill on the road we chose. We thought we would just see how we would feel as we looked at houses, to know which ones to knock. So we prayed and traveled and got to the end of the road. I said, "Man, I have no idea, I did not really feel anything--did you Elder Johnson?" He said, "Yeah, I felt good about two white houses." So we went down to them.

Well, we knocked the door. A lady answered and talked with us about the church. Then she said "Hold on," and shut the door to turn down music. She came back, and the music started again, she said "Hold on," and shut the door and came back again. Well, then the dog was barking like crazy, so she took it out and shut the door again and came back. We started telling her about the church and she said, "Oh no, my curry!" So again, 4th time, she shut the door and then comes back after she stirs the curry.

Then she opens the door and says, "I AM A MEMBER--I left when I was thirteen." WOW. The Lord heard our prayers, and the first door we knock on is an inactive member, and her part-member family (a twenty-year-old daughter, and her husband Barry). We got to know them, and are going to have FHE with them next week--I am so happy!

Well, we were beaming with joy and then the rest of the week we had an exchange and loads of teaches . . . we ended with 8 new investigators when Sunday came! We met with some other less-actives and we had eight less-actives back to church, and also four investigators to church! It was so amazing! In the Gospel Principles class we teach, which is usually 4-5 people, we had a total of thirteen! It was packed in the little room we met in, but wow, it was fantastic and there was loads of participation!

Another miracle: as we were on exchanges, my companion met a man who said, "I am looking for a church." They invited him and he accepted! It was so cool, and we called him up on Sunday and he got ready and came. He's from Sierra Leone, and is such a cool guy. His name is Alpha and he loved church! He said, "I really love your teachings and I have learned so much from it. I really like this church--it is so good!" We felt so blessed for that miracle as well.

So that was our week, and I'll tell you about the training meeting I was in for the past three days in my next letter home. We gained some great insights and heard some amazing stories! It was wonderful!

Well, I love you all. The church is true, and I love this Gospel! I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment