Monday, August 2, 2010

First Bike Wreck

This week has been a blast! We started off on our bikes--woohoo! It's so fun to be able to cover so much ground on a bike, I love it!

We have been so blessed to teach so many people this week. We have a little family of four from India: Maria, Beeju, Josh, and Jivan. They are so cool! We met some Brazilians (as I mentioned last time) and went to their church. Well, they invited us to come to a barbecue at the Brazil shop, so we did. It was so much fun and very good! We sat and played guitars as people passed on the streets and it was a blast!
We also are working with a Romanian girl and she came to church and enjoyed it--her name is Gabriela, she is amazing. She does not know if she can believe in the pre-mortal existence (having lived with God before we came to earth), so we will address her concerns when we meet with her this week.

Things are looking up and really going well--Brother Stewart is gone for a few days visiting Holland. They are such a good family and we can't wait to see how he feels about baptism and what date he wants to set.

We also are teaching Michael. He is 18, and we meet in the park--he thoroughly enjoys our visits. He is a very cool kid, and very intelligent--he really loves learning, so I hope he will continue to meet and come to church. We are teaching a man named Neil, from Bombay, India. He is nice, but just went through a rough divorce and got thrown out by his wife. We have tried to help out as best we can. Also, we had Lorraine Williams come to church and a missionary (Sister Chase) was leaving. It was fast and testimony meeting and Lorraine (who has been less-active for quite a long time) got up and bore her testimony. Her testimony strengthened all who were there, and she called up last night and said "Thanks for an amazing Sunday--I still feel the spirit and I am so happy to talk and meet with you guys." We have been blessed: Sunday we had 3 investigators and 4 less-actives come to church. We were way happy about that!

Earlier in the week, we were coming back from a teach in Sutton, through Nonsuch Park. We were flying down the trail (it was dark). I have a speed gauge on my bike, and we were hitting about 22 MPH and it felt good. Well, I did not notice a root of the tree grown in the middle of the path. My tire hit it, and I immediately began to flip. I tried to jump, but the handle bars kept me from leaving the bicycle. I kept my head up as I flipped and slid on my forearms and the right side of my body. OUCH! It hurt, but I jumped up and made sure everything was still intact--I'm not broken or anything. I spat out a bunch of dirt, too. What can I say? My companion and I both laughed so hard--I took some pictures. It's probably going to leave an awesome scar on my forearm, but I'm glad I'm alright.

On our bikes we saw a kid with a basketball and talked with him. Now he calls when he has a group of friends together and he is amazing. His name is Chido and he is from Zimbabwe and we play basketball with Filipinos and Africans and a few English guys. They play like every day, and we will start teaching them.
I am happy, and the work is great. We are having a great time here in Epsom--the ward members have been such a great help, and have blessed us so much as they take a step to help and give us referrals. We have received so many amazing referrals!
I love you all, thanks for all your love and support--really it means the world!

LOVE,
Elder Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment