Monday, July 5, 2010

New Area: Epsom!

Wow, it's been a while! Let me tell you what's been going on in the crazy world of England.

Well, I have been tossed to and fro upon every wave of uncertainty . . . and now I end up in Epsom. We were supposed to open Guildford, but there was no flat available till the 13th of July, so we got moved to Croydon. When I was in Croydon, we met with President Shamo. We talked alot, and we were able to stay in Croydon (which is about ten minutes from Brixton, so I was stoked about that!) Me and my companion, Elder Wojtkowski, were so happy about that, so we both prepared ourselves (bought bus passes and stuff).

Then on the 2nd of July, I get a call and President says, "Elder Coon, pack your things--I have a special assignment for you. You're going to be a trainer, and I need you there very soon . . . in one hour. I will shortly have you in your new area to train Elder Johnson."

So, here I am now in Epsom, training Elder Johnson. He is such a cool guy--he is 6'4", so of course they stick me with someone who is taller then me--haha. I felt tall until I stood next to him. So we have 2 tall Americana walking together down the roads.

Well, these experiences have taught me a lot. I was having a crazy time. Satan was working on me as hard as he could. I prayed and I pleaded for the Lord to help me and to help me find the strength. Each day I felt closer and closer to the Spirit, and knew that it was directing me and leading me to where He would have me go. So I continued to pray earnestly to get this battle of Self vs Mission. Ultimately, the call came right when I needed it, and President gave me another opportunity to shine forth and to do good!

In Mark, when Jesus feeds the five thousand, he then commissions the apostles to leave him and to travel back across the Sea of Galilee. Then Jesus went to pray. When I was reading, I learned something I never thought about: the storm came, and the apostles were toiling and rowing and were being crushed against waves. Christ saw them, but He did not go straight to them. He first finished praying. Then, in the fourth watch He went unto them!

Christ had to allow them to go through some hardships, to strengthen them and to teach them. It says when He walked on water, they had fully forgot about the miracle of the loaves and fishes, they were amazed and thought He was a ghost! But his calming voice pushed past all doubts and all fears as He said, "It is I, be not afraid," and they were calm. Then he calmed the storm.

I testify to you all that the Lord answers prayers. I have learned this from sacrifice over the past few weeks, trying to work hard and be dedicated to surrendering myself to HIS will and allowing myself to be changed! I know that the Lord is with me, and that the Spirit of the Lord dwells within me now as I write. I am so grateful for this church and the great happiness it brings to the spirit and to the body! I love going to church and hearing people stand up and bear testimony!

I felt something I have never felt before, and I speak in a very serious manner when I say these things, because there are some who need to know. I went to the temple when Elder Hanks was leaving for home, and there we had a wonderful time! As I sat in the celestial room, I felt so good--I was in tears as I sat there. I thought of my family and those who I love dearly, and then I thought "Why do people make mistakes? I want to be with them forever." I have friends and family members who are not quite there yet, and who I want to see in that room. I could not hold it in, and as I sat there, I knew someone was in that room in that instant, and I tell you this because I want all of you to know God's power is real--He can help you change, and allow you to be far more blessed if you just turn to Him.

I plead with those of you who are a little way off--please return to His home, so we can all be together, not only in this life, but in the life to come. I love you, and I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


PS- These are all pictures of me and Elder Wojtkowshi when we were in Croydon. We lived with the zone leaders and had a lot of fun together.


No comments:

Post a Comment