Well this week has been a blessing and a cursing. Lemme explain . . .
All this week, we did not have as many teaches set up, and we were really hoping to be able to teach around twenty lessons (we have been getting about 18-20 lessons a week, and we are trying to over shoot that). It's hard in England, many peoples' hearts are turned away from the truth.
We prayed every day, sincerely and honestly, and as we went out we saw some miracles! This week, for the first time in this ward, we had a full week of DA'S (dinner appointments) and we were well excited! We talked to families and strengthened them by telling about the miracles and blessings that come from serving the Lord. And we have probably left around 20 copies of the Book of Mormon to different families. We told them to sincerely pray and pass it on to a friend or colleague or someone who it can benefit, and ask them to meet with the missionaries!
We prayed and we really did try our best, and now we are waiting to see the blessings. So, let's talk about some miracles:
#1 I was sitting at a bus stop with about fifteen minutes to go, and a young woman came and sat down. She kept peering over and I noticed the glance. I said hi, and she asked "What is it you do?" I began to tell her how we share about how Christ personally visited the earth to restore the TRUTH. She expressed her concerns and we talked for a good few minutes. I asked her to pay attention to how she felt as I shared the Joseph Smith story. "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head and above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me calling me by name and said pointing to the other, 'Joseph, this is my Beloved Son, hear Him.'" I stared in her eyes and asked how did that make you feel?
She said, "I have never thought that sitting at a bus stop I could feel a feeling that caused my heart and soul to burn." I gave her a pamphlet, and we are seeing her next week! She expressed her concern that she had not been confirmed after she was baptized, so she wants to be again!
Miracle #2: We were sitting on Sunday morning and I grabbed the phone (the alarm did not work and we had no idea why) I tried to phone some investigators to come to church, but no go! The phone was not working (and still does not right now), but we prayed for people to come. The 3 people we had committed did not come, but a miracle happened. We prayed for a specific guy by name and asked the Lord for him to come. And as Kathrine and Eugene showed up, there he was! His name is James, he is a Buddhist, but he is so excited to come to church again and to meet with us and learn all about Christ and His teachings! So cool!
Miracle #3: We had planned to go to this area, and prayerfully planned and considered all the options. It's a small town called Ashtead and we arrived about 45 minutes early because we thought it would take long to walk there. As we were walking into Tesco, this lady says "Hi, Elders--my brother just got his call to go to IRELAND!" We asked her about herself and her family and she told us that she fell away from the church when she was 16 (she's probably in mid-thirties now). We asked "Can we come over?" and she said "I would love to have you and feed you a meal--I'm glad I met you because I have not seen missionaries since I left the church." This was such a cool miracle. We followed plans, and immediately the Lord blessed us for being in that area at that time--WOW!!!
Well, the Church is true. Keep studying and praying, and do not feel like a failure if kids do not serve missions, or if they falter or make mistakes. The Lord knows you and your children--He entrusted them in YOUR CARE, and will bring them safely home when they make the choice to come back. We all have agency, but remember GOD knows them more then you do. Put it in the Lord's hands and see the miracles come forth! Do your best and endure it well.
Love,
ELDER COON
We prayed every day, sincerely and honestly, and as we went out we saw some miracles! This week, for the first time in this ward, we had a full week of DA'S (dinner appointments) and we were well excited! We talked to families and strengthened them by telling about the miracles and blessings that come from serving the Lord. And we have probably left around 20 copies of the Book of Mormon to different families. We told them to sincerely pray and pass it on to a friend or colleague or someone who it can benefit, and ask them to meet with the missionaries!
We prayed and we really did try our best, and now we are waiting to see the blessings. So, let's talk about some miracles:
#1 I was sitting at a bus stop with about fifteen minutes to go, and a young woman came and sat down. She kept peering over and I noticed the glance. I said hi, and she asked "What is it you do?" I began to tell her how we share about how Christ personally visited the earth to restore the TRUTH. She expressed her concerns and we talked for a good few minutes. I asked her to pay attention to how she felt as I shared the Joseph Smith story. "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head and above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me calling me by name and said pointing to the other, 'Joseph, this is my Beloved Son, hear Him.'" I stared in her eyes and asked how did that make you feel?
She said, "I have never thought that sitting at a bus stop I could feel a feeling that caused my heart and soul to burn." I gave her a pamphlet, and we are seeing her next week! She expressed her concern that she had not been confirmed after she was baptized, so she wants to be again!
Miracle #2: We were sitting on Sunday morning and I grabbed the phone (the alarm did not work and we had no idea why) I tried to phone some investigators to come to church, but no go! The phone was not working (and still does not right now), but we prayed for people to come. The 3 people we had committed did not come, but a miracle happened. We prayed for a specific guy by name and asked the Lord for him to come. And as Kathrine and Eugene showed up, there he was! His name is James, he is a Buddhist, but he is so excited to come to church again and to meet with us and learn all about Christ and His teachings! So cool!
Miracle #3: We had planned to go to this area, and prayerfully planned and considered all the options. It's a small town called Ashtead and we arrived about 45 minutes early because we thought it would take long to walk there. As we were walking into Tesco, this lady says "Hi, Elders--my brother just got his call to go to IRELAND!" We asked her about herself and her family and she told us that she fell away from the church when she was 16 (she's probably in mid-thirties now). We asked "Can we come over?" and she said "I would love to have you and feed you a meal--I'm glad I met you because I have not seen missionaries since I left the church." This was such a cool miracle. We followed plans, and immediately the Lord blessed us for being in that area at that time--WOW!!!
Well, the Church is true. Keep studying and praying, and do not feel like a failure if kids do not serve missions, or if they falter or make mistakes. The Lord knows you and your children--He entrusted them in YOUR CARE, and will bring them safely home when they make the choice to come back. We all have agency, but remember GOD knows them more then you do. Put it in the Lord's hands and see the miracles come forth! Do your best and endure it well.
Love,
ELDER COON





No comments:
Post a Comment