Monday, July 12, 2010

Great Week!

Well, this week I have been studying a lot about the spirit (chapter 4 in Preach my Gospel) and it's been amazing. As I studied, I have pondered, prayed and asked some questions . . . I've been wanting to know more fully how I can align myself with God.

I studied about the Father and the Son--how the will of the Son is always aligned to the Father's will. Christ did not come to earth just for himself--He came to do the will of the Father! He says some profound things about this: "I only Do that which I have seen my Father do." All Christ did was that which his Father did.
I read through many passages, and I learned that in order to be aligned we have to go through trials, sometimes heartaches, sometimes things we do not want to go through. But always remember "God sees not as man sees, and does not willingly afflict his children." God will not give us a trial too hard to overcome, because He knows us better than we know ourselves. Remember, if He makes us wait for blessings, it is so He can bestow upon us more glorious ones by and by.

Remember what it says in 1 corinthians 13 about charity, and how its the pure love of Christ. I could have faith to move a mountain and to command things, but if I have no charity I AM NOTHING!

Some people have asked about a few other things in letters I have received and I will try to address them all here in this e-mail. One about the priesthood: "why do we not see miracles?" Or why does the Church claim to have truth? I was listening to and Elder Bednar interview by Sheri Dew (the President of Deseret Book). She asked what was hardest growing up? And he said, my father was not a member, and I used to come home and ask my Dad when will you be baptized? One day his father said, "Son, I have a question for you." I have gone to your church for a while now and have been seeing whats going on. I hear complaints that home teaching is not getting done--if this is the true church as it claims to be, and the priesthood is restored, why then are people not doing their duties?"

We have all the truth, but a lot of us do not use time to study, to read, to teach and most of all share our testimony with others. What does sharing a testimony do? I learned a testimony is a cleansing of our inner vessel--the more we share it, the cleaner we can become. The Spirit testifies because we share truth and we help others feel it. A lot of people ask "Why does the Spirit not help me?" It can and does every day through thoughts and actions. It tells us no and yes, and go here or go there, but sometimes we forget that He is always there . . . we just need to listen a bit more!

Teaching in Epsom is great. This used to be the headquarters for the church in England and there is a lot of history here. I am walking on sacred ground here, and I know it. I love this Gospel so much, and I thank you all so much for your love and support. I know this church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment