So sorry I have not sent pictures in a while. We keep having to go to places where you can't hook up an actual camera.
Well, things have been good---really really good! There are loads of cool things happening! First, I got to help elder Hayes all week. I am sad to say he is home now, but there is a possibility he may come back Saturday--so keep him in your prayers. So I am in a "tri-companionship" again, and it's been hard because I feel like I have to make all the decisions. The other missionary has been out for a long time, and he should be more experienced, but he always comes to me for answers . . . so it's been kind of crazy, but fun at the same time.
Briony's friend, Hannah, said she may want to be baptized. She says she has seen the world and does not like it, and wants to become a member, so that has been wonderful! We have picked up loads of new investigators, had people phone up and give us referrals, and we have had all our less-active families contacted, and really have been blessed with youth (now 4 coming to mutual!) that we found on the high streets. I hope they all make it this week!
Things are looking up. Sunday, I had a chance to bear my testimony. Bishop said he wanted the ward to know how we felt. I shared a solemn witness of Christ and of Joseph Smith. I also talked about blessings that have come. Most importantly, I said we did not give up two years to waste our time--we want to help, but we cannot do it without the ward. I said that with tears in my eyes, and I think the message was carried by the Spirit to all. We are here to do the work, not to waste time and hit on girls--I think the ward is now gaining a stronger trust in us, so that is good.
Some other cool things: on Friday we got to go to a meeting and Elder Quentin L. Cook was there! We sat at his feet and soaked in the Spirit! He bore a powerful witness of the Saviour that literally brought the strongest fire into my bones. He told us that revelations are not all recorded, and he is a witness of that as well. He really had the Spirit with him, and questions me and my companion have had were immediately answered. It meant so much to us! I felt happy about all the things that have happened recently. After the trial comes the blessings of heaven. I thank the Lord so much for the blessings He has given us, and for the opportunity to be a servant here in this ward. We truly have had so much service given to us, and we have received so many blessings and new investigators to teach!
Things are going so well, and thanks for all your prayers, I know they have helped. Elder Hayes is home now, but he is recovering swiftly so thanks for all your love and support. I really feel like he ward trusts and sees exactly how we both feel about the work. My family is happy back home, as I read letters and emails, it has been wonderful to hear how everyone is doing!
The temperature is up as well. It's been around 80-90-100 degrees and should be for the next few weeks. It's been really nice, and I'm getting a missionary tan. We got the chance to go to a beach and play ultimate Frisbee. and we had a blast. We also got to teach some people on the beach in our casual clothes--people who wondered where we were all from. I love getting to soak up the sun, and share my testimony with so many more people!
I have been so grateful for the opportunity and blessing it has been to serve a mission. Really, it has been so good. I am happy, my testimony has grown, and my endurance and trust in the Lord has grown so much.
I love you all. Thanks for all you do, and keep in touch!
Love,
ELDER COON
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Elder Coon, we love our missionaries and you must remember that the Lord loves you too, he sees and knows everything, and looks into our very souls, you have been great to have in our ward, we are sorry if some have let you down but dont let that get to you, servants of the Lord are better than that, chin up mate and keep up the good work, we love you both, Bro and Sis Fountain, thank you
ReplyDelete