This week has been a lot of work. There have been "so-so" missionaries in the past in our area who have been not exactly good missionaries and have lost the trust of the members, but me and my companion are doing loads of work! We've been trying to get in with families and bless peoples' lives, so it has really been good!
We met a girl named Annie who is bullied a lot and who really has had a tough time. She is in a care home, and we just invited her to come to mutual and church she agreed and seems pretty happy now.
We also were at a member's home (the Warings) and they had Sister Warings' sister come over and some friends of her sons. The sister has gone less-active and fallen a bit, but she served a mission and loved it. One of the friends kept looking at our badges and asked what we did. We told her, and got into a very good discussion about the church. She was lovely and now we know where she works and the area--we hope that the missionaries in the other area get to know her better . . . that would be awesome!
It was so nice to phone home to family that I love so much on Mother's Day! And to my "Mum" (as they say in England), who really makes a world of difference--not only in my life, but in all those who she comes in contact with. Those who just see her should feel so blessed!
Isn't my mom stunning? Haha--she looks so good, I just saw a picture the other day and my whole family looks like they are getting fit and in shape . . . and I'm just getting fat out here in England! Oh well . . .
I loved to hear the laughs and the giggles, and I loved the serious talks and the tears. I am grateful eternally for my family and friends and close cousins who I love dearly, and to best friends who are always there for me!
It feels like just yesterday I was in Brixton, phoning home to talk to family and tell them how much I love them all, and now I'm here again and on my last trek of months. Literally, time goes by so fast! What I have learned in my first year is that the Lord has given me and my companion certain gifts and abilities and talents. I have found that the greatest success in missionary work, of course is work, but also to be yourself! Get to know the people, show them who you are. You are a representative of the church and people watch you constantly, but if you cant show them your true love and all that you really are, they will love to have the missionaries come 'round!
I have loved serving here (besides the fact the ward does not really trust missionaries). I have loved trying to serve and show others that we are not "robots," but real humans who love and care about others! I am so grateful to all of you, and to the Lord who has kept my family and all my friends close to Him, and blessed me in ways I never thought possible! I do know this church is true and anyone who really questions it's truthfulness with real intent can find out for themselves!
Mum, (and Mums--haha, Sister Kunde) I love you all so dearly. Mum, I want you to know especially that I thank you for all your letters--you have never missed a week (or even a few days) without writing me. It has been a huge blessing. And to my brother Everett, I love him so much--he has helped 3 of my converts join the church and does not even know (but now he does!) Also, for his great example to me--he truly is the best brother I could ever ask for in the world, and he really is the best example to anyone who meets him. I bet you in a room with him for 5 seconds he can make you laugh (or he can make you cry) . . . I am living proof.
I love you all. Thank you all so much for all you do.
Love you,
ELDER COON
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment