I can't even describe the feeling that we had---it was so amazing! Their mum was so happy for her boys that tears welled up in her eyes. The Spirit was definitely present. Another miracle was that when we looked on the back row at their baptism, we saw two faces smiling--it was Elder Roberts and Elder Christensen (the AP's). They came down to see the baptism and they said they felt prompted to. Afterwards, they drove back to the temple where they came from---a four-hour round trip. I can't describe what a wonderful day it was. I know angels were round about and the Messenger of Truth descended upon all.
I love this family deeply, and I will continue to for all my life. These converts are not just baptisms to me---they are literal children of our Father in Heaven! How great to know that they can now prepare for missions and serve (like me and Josh Kunde and Travis Empey---all of my great brothers) and spread the Gospel to all those who really do not know why we are here.
I just want to re-emphasize how short our time is. As you have probably heard about the earthquakes in Haiti and then Chile--with a magnitude 8.8! Number 7 on the world's largest earthquakes! Why, some might ask. Because the Lord is preparing His children on the earth and warning us of his Wonderful Coming! We need to work in the vineyard, as we learn about in Jacob 5. The Master of the Vineyard, God, is gathering his servants to have a final gathering to bring together all the tribes---we must do all we can and help those in need!
I have been studying Christ-like attributes lately, and I have loads of marked scriptures. I feel the Spirit strongly as I do what the scriptures say: follow mission standards, and look to my Father in Heaven. Remember, Christ suffered for all of us---not just a few---and we can all have a sure knowledge of truth as we are obedient.
Christ was born just like all of us, which I think we sometimes forget. He was a child as well! But He led a perfect life, and the veil was made thin for Him---He obtained His knowledge by being obedient!
I really do love you all. I am so grateful for the blessings which have been showered upon us as we work here in this wonderful part of the Lord's vineyard! There are many who are lost out here in England: we see churches turned into pubs; marriages are not really even heard of--just people with partners; there are people who do not care about themselves, drinking and giving away the pure self to the influence of the adversary. How great it is to see in Alma 5 how the people change when they obtain knowledge. And again in Alma 24:18-19: the Anti-Nephi-Lehites who come to know their God and bury there weapons of war. They change, and they would not fight against their brothers!
That change will come to you and I as we all study the Saviour's life---especially as we study His sacrifice and His Atonement. Look to Him, study and learn, and grow close to Him!
I pray that all of you know how grateful I am to serve the people of England, and how grateful I am for my testimony of the truthfulness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can obtain knowledge of the truth every day! I am especially grateful for a loving family, who supports and loves me from back home. Thank you all!
Maria with her boys: Aaron, James, and Jack








No comments:
Post a Comment