Eagerly I said, "Okay, what?"
"Lorena (my investigator from Chile who has been like a second mom to me) agreed to be baptized, and she wants you and Elder Cook and Elder Hanks to be there!" This was the best news! I was seriously just so happy! So we made plans, so that all of us could go to Lorena's baptism back in Brixton! Haha! I started to get more phone calls, "Are you really all coming back to Brixton? The bishop called and said he would have everyone there--all our recent converts and everyone! I was so happy, seriously beaming with joy!
Then we were getting ready to go to bed that night and yet another phone call came--it was President Shamo.
"Elder Coon?"
"Yes, president?"
"I want you to lead the district there in Salisbury. I know you'll be a great leader and that you can do it. I have faith and confidence in you."
WOW. I told him that I would try my best. So, I am now over 3 Elders and 2 Sisters in my district. I am so happy, but a little scared.
But the night was not over. We had to travel a good long hour down to Christchurch to get ready to leave to the temple the next day. A snow storm hit that night, and President had to think about if we would still be able to do the temple conference. It snowed 1 1/2 feet in London (which is crazy). We received a call saying that the temple trip was canceled! I was going to miss Lorena's baptism--I seriously wanted to cry! Then I went and I prayed for a while for the Lord to provide a way for it to happen. Phone calls were made, and plans were discussed . . . because I know how to drive on the snow, it was okayed!
We all made plans. Cook would leave from Crowley to the London temple to Brixton, and Hanks came clear from the Weston Supermeare area to the Reading Train Station where I would travel to pick him up, then we would go to Brixton together.
Everything worked. We arrived. Smiles, tears, heartfelt prayers . . . it felt like heaven. I kept thinking, "This is what it will be like in Heaven." We all had smiles ear to ear. Members were giving us hugs, and there was laughter and joy all around. Me and Elder Cook sang at the baptism, and Lorena was baptized by Elder Hanks.

This whole experience is the best thing that has happened to me in my life, and all because of the love of two men: our Mission President, and our Father in Heaven.
I am so grateful that Lorena was baptized. She is like my other mom over here, and has such strong attributes of light that will keep her strong in the Gospel.
I love you all, and I hope this experience brings you all joy. Please know that I am so happy and humbled.
Love ya,
ELDER COON


No comments:
Post a Comment