Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aim High!

Hey, everyone! I hope all of you are having a great New Year--it's a great time to make some plans and to really push to achieve those wonderful goals this year!

As a missionary in the Lord's hands, I am trying to completely surrender myself--all my actions, thoughts, talents, abilities, qualities, wants, and desires--to the Lord. It's very hard, though. It has not been easy, but the more and more I try and pray, the more and more I find the power to do so, which brings love and light.

I am doing so good! This Sunday, church was cancelled because of ice on the roads, and the car park (parking lot) at the school we meet in was filled with snow. So, we had the wonderful opportunity to take the sacrament around to all the ward members. As we did this, we met and had great discussions with all of these great people here. It was awesome!

We met with one lady in particular. Her name is Roohie, and she is such a sweet older lady from Persia. When we arrived at her place, she said she had problems driving on the snow and that it has not been easy for her to get out. We moved a snowman off her path that some kids built, and it truly was a blessing for her. She said she struggled and could not lift it. She has not seen ward members for a while, and no one has called or stopped by. She had tears as we gave her the sacrament. That truly is what going to church is all about--remembering our Saviour, and the promises we make at baptism. I am so thankful for this experience and opportunity!


Well, on the 23rd on the grounds of Old Sarum (the old castle that was here way back), we are going to re-dedicate the area for missionary work. It will be an awesome experience and I'm looking forward to it--I can't wait! We have met with our branch president and set some goals that we want to accomplish, and we will do our best to see them happen. We are going to try to change this branch into a ward, so that will be a great things to work on! We got lists of all the less-active members in the surrounding areas . . . there are about 180 people, and our job is to find out what they need and how to help.

I am so excited to be out on my mission right now. Our Father in Heaven is blessing me with more and more love as I continue to serve others. I have felt the weight of the responsibility placed upon me, and it makes me push and try harder to refocus my efforts. I want to strive to do all I can, and it is stretching my capabilities and talents. I truly love this gospel!

I have a very strong testimony of the Spirit and all that it does to help me in the work. The Holy Ghost has helped me know what to do, who to see, where to go, and what needs to happen. Always having the Spirit focuses my mind and helps me think about all the things I can do to be a good missionary. The numbers here have changed--I am leading the district right now, and this area has never been to the state it is at now, but I think it still is not close to what it can be. If we can get help from branch members, it will change. This area will boom! We will see success and we will be blessed.
I am so excited and pumped for the New Year. I had a baptism already to start it off, and I can't wait for more and more blessings and miracles to happen!

I want to do all I can to help out here, and I hope it blesses all of you back home. Thanks for all your love and support--truly it has been amazing. I love you all, and pray for your success every day. Set goals! Aim high and achieve them!

Love,

Elder Coon


Alpha and her daughters and friend


Both of these pictures are me and elder barker teaching a woman from the Caribbean named Alpha--she's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment