Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Special Times, Special People

Well, this week was a very good week . . . lots of trials and loads of success! We had a lovely baptism of Venessa, a nine-year-old who has the happiness and joy of Christ in her life, so that is a good thing.

I just feel happy and full of love as I write to you all today. It looks like we are going to have some big changes--we will only have 23 cars instead of 36 and we are limiting missionaries here from 158 to 123 by February. But there is a change here: people are approaching us missionaries on the street, looking for hope and peace and love. Some just see us smile and ask us how we can be so happy.

Me and Elder Turnbow each have a Book of Mormon that we are working on--we are marking them up with scriptures to address peoples' concerns and to help them truly see that God loves all his children. I can't wait to show you all a picture of these two books. We have worked so hard and I think I will hold this copy of the Book of Mormon very dear to my heart when I return with it one day.


Christmas and Thanksgiving: two of the greatest festivities of the year, because we can be with our families in spirit or in the physical flesh, when we remember why we have these holidays. I'll be with you! (I'm sure I hit hard enough last time I talked about this)

Please be the "member missionaries" that we all should be! We are striving to teach all the members here in our little branch of Salisbury. We are seeing significant changes here as we strive to work in this "tabernacle of clay" as Moroni says. It truly is a great work and I love it! These past few nights I have prayed fervently to the Lord to help me do all I can to be more diligent and obedient, and to stop caring about myself. I have dreamed for three night about the prophets and their testimonies--it has strengthened me so much, and I know the Lord is helping me to remember my dreams to strengthen me.

I pray that all of you find happiness and joy this season. I want to close with my testimony that of the truthfulness of the Restored Gospel. I know without a doubt that this church is true. I feel the spirit so strongly, and I know that it was restored, not changed or reformed, but RESTORED. I love this Gospel and all that it does for me. I love the Saviour, Jesus Christ, and for all that He went through for me. Really, He died for all of us! I love what it says in 3 Nephi 18--if we truly ask the Father in the name of Christ, believing we shall receive, it shall be given unto us. I truly know that families can be together forever, even after this life. What have we got to fear in life except our own faults and sins? I leave this testimony in the sacred name of Jesus Christ our Saviour, amen.

~Elder Coon

Salisbury Cathedral

I have all the strength back in my arm that had surgery!
Wame Valavala and Tom--the only young man in our whole branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment