Friday, July 24, 2009

New Companion

So, it has been moves week, and I have been terrified that Elder Hanks would leave me--and of course he has. He was sent to Portsmouth! It has been a very weird and sickening feeling to have to take over the area of Brixton and to show the new guy around and how we do things here, so I have been a little on edge, but very excited as well.

Well, my new companion's name is Elder Cook. He is from St. George and he is amazing. He plays the piano and loves to sing, and as you all know I love singing, so I'm stoked to serve with him. We have so much in common and he is excited to be in London area. We will get on just fine and all will be well, so no worries! I am so grateful for the opportunity to still be serving here in Brixton. I'm super stoked and excited to be with Elder Cook and I love this Gospel!

Today I kind of wanted to talk about families and the importance of staying close to our families. Before we came to this earth, we had a choice to choose to follow Christ or to be led astray by Lucifer. We who are on this earth are those who chose to follow Christ, to accept His plan, and to come to earth to be tested. I know without a doubt in my mind that we chose (or were with) our families before and we accepted to come here with them to learn and to grow together. We chose this plan and we chose to live in families.

I love the family unit and I love the Church we are in: both help us learn and grow so much. If there is someone in the family you dislike, and it causes contention, learn to love and serve them. I know you probably think, "Oh, that is so easy," well PROVE IT! Show them how much you love them, let them know how you feel, and help you yourself to overlook their flaws. Love your family members as Christ loves each and every single person. Love them as if you would do anything for them, because they are family and you should love and honor them always!

I want my family to know what a great strength they have been to me to get me to where I am today. I love our family and I love families I have come in contact with! In a world that is trying to pull families apart, we have the gospel of Jesus Christ which is here for us to have hope and find that peace that calms all troubles in the world today.

Rosemary is getting baptised this Saturday because she knows how important her family is. Like she said, she looks forward to baptism, but her main focus is on the temple and the work provided for our families on earth as well as those who have passed on! We all need to strive to look toward the temple and toward our families. Love and care about them all. I love you all so much and I care about every single one of you. In the name of Jesus Christ OUR Saviour and OUR Redeemer. AMEN!

PS- Pictures!

This is Eleanor and her kids--she is so cool!

Moves Day!

Hanks, Elmer, Me, Bink, and Dunaway

Me and Sister Piazze. She was in the MTC with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment