Monday, July 13, 2009

Best Week Yet!

Well, this week has made the whole mission worth it thus far--things are beginning to look up and I am so excited to move forward--it rocks!

This whole week, me and Elder Hanks found success knocking on doors and teaching people--we found tons of new people to teach! We also saw some sweet fights and fires this week, but best of all we had an amazing baptism this week!

A woman named Verona has been preparing, and she has been having a very good time reading the Book of Mormon and studying the principles, but before she would continue she told us she had to read the whole Book of Mormon. We said okay, and made her a calendar to follow and to work toward this last weekend! Well, all went according to plan and she was baptised! I performed the baptism and also sang a solo (I Need Thee Every Hour). The spirit at the baptism was so strong, and I felt so good to know that we helped her only because the Lord was with us. It is so amazing for me to think about this baptism and confirmation.



This was at the temple Visitor's Centre with Verona's kids, Aiden and Miriam. There was a sweet moment when a bunch of butterflies flew into the building and Miriam was chasing them--I wish I had a picture of it!

Right after the baptism, after I got changed, we received a phone call from an investigator, Rosemary, who we did not talk to for a week. Before I tell you what she said, I want to explain how we met her: Rosemary was a referral, and when we talked to her, she said she has had many teachings from the Watchtower people (Jehovah's Witnesses of Kingdom Hall) and the baptists, so she has had and heard it all. We taught her, and she said she would come to church last week so she did and she loved it. Then she told us she still was unsure--she loved church, but she wanted to find out through prayer. She said she would call us the following Monday, but we did not get a call Monday or throughout the week. Then she called right after the baptism and this is what she said: "Hello, Elders, this is Rosemary. Hey, I wanted to tell you I prayed and I received an answer--I want to join your church and be baptised." !!!!!!

So, we met with her Sunday; she came to church and she said, "I really received and I know without a doubt I want to be a member." We were so stoked, and she set a baptism date for August first! We saw her this morning at nine o' clock, she talked to us and we taught all about the plan of salvation. She was so astonished to learn about the temple, and she said she wanted to be baptised but her main focus is on the temple!!! How wonderful it is to hear!!! She will be amazing in the ward here--people already have learned to love her and already are asking about her.

The work is amazing--I just love it, truly I do! How great this work is--I am so happy to be a part of such an amazing work. I know that I am a tool in the Lord's hands. It's so good to raise your kids to look forward to the temple. I loved playing "who can see the temple first" whenever we came home from a trip when I was young. It always made me look forward to saying "Yeah, I will go there some day!" Instill the temple in your kid's minds--visit the Visitor's Centre--it is heaven on earth and everyone is welcome. Take friends and do not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

I am so grateful for all the prayers and blessings I have received thus far. I know the work will keep growing here in England. I love you all, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen!

PS- Next week is moves week, so you might not get an email from me on Monday.

Me in front of the sweet Buddhist temple

At Battersea Park

No comments:

Post a Comment