The baptism went so great this week. Truly, it was a miracle and she will be an amazing addition to the ward! But let me tell you what happened . . . we told her something might happen where Satan will try his hardest to stop her from getting baptised, and she was tried and tested. Her best friend looked up anti-Mormon stuff and said we worship the Fall and that what Satan did was a good thing, and also a lot of dodgy doctrine about dancing and all sorts of weird stuff I talked to her for a good half hour to get all the answers to the questions she had and she finally calmed down.Then came the baptism--we got there, and me and Elder Cook had to make programs, get everything ready, and just be super focused and try and do so much in such a little amount of time to get the font filled (it was stressful!). Finally it was time for the baptism--all went according to plan, and people came. There were refreshments, and Rosemary was happy! I felt the Spirit so strong, and I really realized how special it was, and took in all that happened this time--it was amazing!

I read a talk by President Monson from back when he was an Apostle. It was about the worth of souls, and is called "Our Sacred Priesthood Trust." Here is an excerpt I want to share:
"Many years later, Paul C. Child, then of the Priesthood Welfare Committee, and I attended a stake conference together. At the priesthood leadership session, when it was his turn to speak, he took his scriptures in hand and walked from the stand into the congregation. Knowing President Child as I did, I knew what he was going to do. He quoted from the Doctrine and Covenants, including section 18 concerning the worth of a soul, indicating that we should labor all our days to bring souls unto the Lord. He then turned to one elders quorum president and asked, “What is the worth of a soul?”
The stunned quorum president hesitated as he formulated his reply. I had a prayer in my heart that he would be able to answer the question. He finally responded, “The worth of a soul is its capacity to become as God.”
Brother Child closed his scriptures, walked solemnly and quietly up the aisle and back to the stand. As he passed by me, he said, “A most profound reply.”"
Wow! I thought about this, and keep thinking about this. If one soul is saved, many worlds and creations can come from this person! Think about that--one soul saves thousands, even millions, after this life as they strive to become like God. So, wow, this really opened my perspective and has made me strive to do my best!
I really do love these people here in England, and I love being able to serve the Lord. I am so happy for all the many blessings I have received, and I love the Lord so much! I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned, and for all the great doctrines I am continuing to learn out here! All I do is grow spiritually, and it is so cool to feel and to see myself change a little bit over time.
I love you all, and I am so grateful for the the great things you all do for me! I hope and pray for all of you, and care about you all so much. Stay close, and stay in touch. I love you! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
LOVE YA, ELDER COON
PS- Me and Elder Cook are writing good missionary music--hope you're lookin' forward to it, haha, it will be good!



No comments:
Post a Comment