Elie Wong from Malaysia and Adrian Poponete from Romania! Adrian has read more than half of The Book of Mormon in about 2 weeks! And Elie, bless her, has read loads in English and has (in the short 3 weeks we had with her) found out that God answers prayers and that God cares about all of His children!
I feel so blessed to have been able to serve here in the Reading Zone--we have truly been blessed from on high. I can't explain the feeling, the change, the power that has come. I really am learning so much! Elder Gardner and I can feel the spirit of love and unity as we teach. This last week, we taught a girl named Ana, and we said a prayer with her and talked and extended a date for the 5th of February. She lives in Reading area, but she accepted! We talked to her on Sunday and she wants us to baptize her, and the other missionaries to give talks--we are both so excited!
I feel it took so long for me to begin to understand missionary work, but I feel it is just by sincere love, sharing what you know is completely true, and also by diligently focusing on each child as a child of God (and remembering to always keep a smile on your face). These things have blessed my life, and I know they can bless each of our lives as we seek for help to share the Gospel.
The Day of the Seekers has come! People want to know about God, because people are struggling. It's a new year and people are sincerely seeking for truth. At the baptism, we had a lady come with one of the members--her name is Andrea and she was so sweet. We invited her to church, and she came--it was wonderful. We are seeing her tonight for a family home evening with a member and I can't wait!
I am so happy right now and I can't even explain it! Like I said, I feel so close to my Saviour and I really do love Him! I feel like trials are bombarding, but I am using all my skills to battle them. Satan is real as we learn from Joseph's experience: when things are going the best, that's when the MOST opposition will come.
People are sincerely seeking--you and I can reach out and lift those people who stand in need! This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.
Love you all,
ELDER COON


No comments:
Post a Comment