So, life has been good in good ol' London--running back and forth from NHS, to doctors across the river, to central London. I've been getting MRI scans and X-rays and all these crazy things. Wow, I'm getting tired and feeling old--haha! Well, if you all did not know, I am getting surgery on my upper arm on that cool lil' lump I have . . . should be sweet. I hope it all goes well.QUOTE OF THE WEEK Y'ALL: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek HIM first to find her." I love this quote. A member in the ward named Jane wrote it on the chalkboard [I think it was first said by Max Lucado], and was reading a lot of quotes to us. I am now studying tons of quotes each week, want to post a "quote of the week" on the blog. I also recorded some music with Elder Cook (Rebecca, I will send you that stuff and hope you can get them on the blog). One is a song we wrote called "A Martyr's Walk," and is about Joseph Smith's and Jesus Christ's walks on earth. I love it, so I hope all you do as well.
This week as I said has been super busy with running back and forth to many doctors, but in the midst of all this I have been able to relax to take in more as we walked from place to place. I really looked at the people and saw the lifestyle here. I am so grateful for where we live, and also just to be an American! Here, people fancy themselves by dressing in barely nothing and going to pubs and bars--that is all you see and that is a common way that people communicate here. We live in such a lovely place, with mountains and so many recreational things to do--enjoy it! Don't waste time sitting in front of the TV--buy an uplifting book, or read about the prophets, or go out with your family that you love so much and are so close to. Before you know it, they will all grow up and be out of your hands.
I know we always had some amazing things we did as a family, like going on the FIFTY-MILER, the family reunions, going fishing opening day, or camping and dirtbike riding, even cutting the trees (my dad's favorite thing to do), or going to the cabin and planting trees. Now I look back and those are the childhood memories I will never forget--they were the best times in my life!
Here is one the whole family will remember (haha this is good): we had a Family Home Evening when my mom and dad dressed up as a sailor and his girlfriend. My dad had fake earrings on and a fake tattoo, and my mom wore a makeshift belly shirt and tight clothes. But it was a good way to teach us about wearing good clothes and dressing modestly, and I will never forget it! Spend the quality time you have off work and away from the world with your family, and make sure you go do something. Don't just watch TV--get up, invite some friends, go play ball or baseball with them, and go out and do something at a park or anywhere. These opportunities are too important to let them pass you by.
Family, I love you all and I'm so excited to be serving a lovely mission. I could not ask for better mission parents--the Shamos are so amazing, and they are going to make this mission sky rocket--I can just feel it every time I meet with them! I love you all so much, and I truly feel the Lord is helping me every day, and has been protecting and guiding me! I know we are sent to families for a reason, and I know this is the TRUE CHURCH! Have faith and stay strong, for the time is at hand that we need not fear if we are prepared! Thanks for all the prayers and letters, I feel so much love and support from home--it is amazing!
Next week is moves week, and I will not get to e-mail until Thursday. I might stay in Brixton, or I might get moved (but I have a surgery so I'll probably stay). I love this Gospel, and I feel so good to be where I am. I say these things humbly in the name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
ELDER COON

Sweet chair sculpture in London
This is a sand sculpture a guy made--a couch and TV, sweet huh?
The Globe Theater--Becca, this is just for you, haha!
A sweet picture of the London Bridge--see my sweet car?
So, this guy is a street performer, and he grabbed me and I had to tie him in a strait jacket and help him on a 6-foot unicycle, which he escaped from by dislocating his shoulders, haha. "Shout out to America!" he said.


No comments:
Post a Comment