Monday, August 10, 2009

The Day of the Seekers


Hello, everyone!

This week was great! We met a lady named Juanita from Mauritius, and we are beginning to teach her. She accepted a date for the twenty-ninth and it is going so smooth, I love it (okay, well, not really smooth--we are trying to help her get over some trials). Juanita and her husband have split for the last little while and it has been awkward. We are teaching the husband and the wife and they both need the Gospel to heal this relationship. They have four kids, and it has been super sad to see them suffer through all that has been going on . . . but I have to stay happy and trust that the Lord will make a difference in their lives. I know He will as we put all our focus on them. We are meeting both quite frequently, so it has not been too bad. We see her every day at the home of our recent convert, Rosemary.

Rosemary is an amazing ward missionary! She has already got us 3 new people to teach, so it has seriously been such an amazing blessing. She will be such a strength to the church--I know she will! We are trying to get the Gospel into the lives of these people, and allow them to feel what it is to have the Spirit always! Juanita and her husband are both so lost, but I know it will work out!

Well, an amazing thing happened: we had another recent convert who has not come to church since her baptism, but she came yesterday, and all of the recent converts were there! I wanted to cry it felt so good to see them at church! And the one who came, Verona, she invited us all over for a dinner. We went, and it seriously was such a blessing to see all the people who came, and the friendships that were made. I truly am so happy, and glad that they have done this.

The ward here is such a great example to others! I truly am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I love it so much. It has changed my life, and continues to change it! I know that this time is seriously the day of the seekers! The people are coming to us, looking for Christ. A huge change is about to take place here in England--I can feel it. It's going to be a great place and a strong place for the church, and President Shamo has said this as well! He also told me to tell IONA hi for him--he has been there many times!

Well, I love you all and hope you're all happy!
~Elder Coon

Battersea Park

At Marc's baptism (I sang at this baptism)

Sweet ninja outfit I bought

Don't be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment