Friday, February 12, 2010

The Life We Lead

Well, I can tell you this past week has had all sort of twists and turns. Loads of miracles and blessings rain upon you as you turn to the Lord!

First of all: Travis Empey! It was so good to hear that he made it to Brazil, after being in the MTC for months and months waiting for his visa. I am so happy for that, and I feel so glad he finally made it to his mission! He has some great things in store, I know he does, because he had to wait so long! Satan is opposing all missionaries around the world, doing all he can to beat us and drag us down, but hope and faith cast out all that darkness and dispel it.

I would love to talk about how the life we lead can influence others. This week we have been praying and hoping to find a family to teach. We were looking at our less-active list, and instantly I noticed the name "Maria Stewart." Hmmm, who can this be? There was no address, it just said "possibly live somewhere in Amesbury." Well, we called up and got a hold of her--she said she would love to have us round to share a message! The day of our appointment came and I had to be back to account, so we had to cancel our appointment. The bad thing is that we did not ring her and tell her. Oh no, she will hate us!

But the next day I received a phone call, and wondered who was calling from a Canadian telephone number: "Hello, elders! I have been praying for missionaries to go round and visit my sister-in-law, Maria Stewart." Wow. The same time we prayed to find a family, a prayer across the seas was being offered for a family we could help. We looked at our list and the answer came! We felt bad we did not go to the teach, but this man told us about his prayer and how Maria said we were coming and then we did not show! So, we re-scheduled the appointment and did all we could to get there! We had an amazing teach, and Maria's family is so amazing!

We are now working with this family to progress. The two older boys are working to be baptised on February the 27th (Aaron and James, 11 and 9 . . . and there is a little boy Jack, 6) and to continue to learn! Maria is amazing and we love this family!

Our prayers were answered, and phone calls were made. We applied our faith and actions, and now we are being blessed, and the Lord is blessing this family.

As I saw them there at church, I began to wonder if we did not meet this family how long before missionaries would have tried? Why were we so blessed to meet them? I asked, and the answer came: because of the life you both lead. We are not perfect, but we have been obedient, and doing what the Lord asks--helping others serve, and doing all we can to help.

We helped the Legges family move from one place to another, and while we were helping them, they asked us, "Could you teach a friend of ours? We have been waiting for the past 8 months for good missionaries to come to our area, and I want you two to teach her. She is from Zimbabwe and really wants to know about the Gospel." We both lit up, and they offered their home for the teaches, so we will have dinner and teach this lady about the restored Gospel. I am so happy for this opportunity--we also are seeing so many miracles!

We went to a lady's home (Sister Quantance). She used to be relief society president, and her husband was in the branch presidency, but they went less-active for a while. We have been teaching her, and she has not been back for several years. She came on Sunday--I can't describe the feeling we have had, and President sees it in us. He wants us both to keep up the work, and he said both Barker and I will be great leaders. He wants me to train younger missionaries, and Barker to lead. We have tried to lead a good life, and we are striving everyday to do better--and I feel like we really are!

I love this Gospel, and I love all of you. Be the example, and share the Gospel to friends. Remember the missionaries are the life-line . . . if you do not use them and find people for them to teach, this church will crumble and we will be held accountable. Think about it, and share it!

I love you! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

~ELDER COON

Lookin' good--haha, we made this picture into coasters for the mission president.

Chillin' with my comp.

Me and Elder Barker in our "sulus"--don't worry about a thing!

A sweet picture I took of the moon

Helping a family paint their house

James, Aaron, and Jack!

Maria and her sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment